Housewife Exercise :)

Options
2»

Replies

• ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I use a little cycle designed to fit under a desk. I use it in front of the tv, or when I'm on my phone. They're $25 at walmart.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has videos on Youtube. They are walking indoor exercises with a difference. Also Fitness Blender do every exercise under the sun on Youtube. These are all free so you can try before you buy (if you want to buy that is)
  • 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey Fellow housewife :) I am a stay at home mom of 4 (we homeschool) and I tell ya, finding time for me to exercise is close to impossible but not impossible! When I started I too did not feel confident exercising outside so I went on craigslist and got a treadmill for cheap bc I knew that if I bought a new expensive one I would fail and waste money.. After a week of walking it turned into walking fast and so on until I was running. Eventually I added dance and squats off Youtube for an extra kicker! IT can be done, you can do it and you will feel so much better when you do! :wink:
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    You tube has many videos. Check out Jillian micheals. Now if those are too intense there are many others.

I also blast music and dance in the house...just not when I have knives in my hands while I am cooking. Don't ask me how I know not to do that. :blushing:

^^ This. Blasting music and dancing around (especially when cleaning) will actually burn more calories than you think. One of my favorite way to burn calories. And bonus, I end up with a clean house! :)
  • kefryar
    kefryar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, Nike Training is a great app for home training. It's free and it has a lot of amazing workouts. If you don't have a ton of time, it also offers 15 minute workouts. I also like the yoga.com app, although you have to pay in order to see all of the videos. Also, youtube!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    diet monitoring/calorie deficit is for weight loss
    working out is for general health and wellness and over all fitness.

I second youtube
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    diet monitoring/calorie deficit is for weight loss
    working out is for general health and wellness and over all fitness.

I second youtube

This↑↑

Also there is a program called "you are your own gym" it has a great app with full workout schedule and even short workouts for when time is limited. It costs a few bucks but over all worth it.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Youtube is your friend :flowerforyou:

This! Or exercise dvd's.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Youtube is your friend :flowerforyou:

Yep, I do Zumba videos from Youtube.
  • SpikeTailTurtle
    Options
    I like the 30 day LBD challenge. I can't vouch for results as I'm not done yet but I like it.

http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-little-black-dress-challenge/
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have several different DVD workout videos so I can mix and match them when I start to get bored of one routine.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Set a timer & climb up and down the stairs as many times as you can in 30 minutes. Increase time as needed.

Did this all through winter a couple of years ago.

Also I really enjoy yoga. It's as easy or intense as you make it. It needs little or no equipment and you can start with a video.