C5K -extention from " too fat to run" thread....

Options
2»

Replies

• MaryChaCha
    MaryChaCha Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No sooner did I get excited by this program, even downloading the app to my phone, than I get stricken with a nasty head cold. I did yoga as much as possible, but was depressed not to start.

UNTIL TODAY! I am, however, in cheater mode. That is, I do not have a treadmill, and it is icing/snowing outside, so I listened to the app and followed the interval training on the elliptical. I know it's not the same, but regardless, I have not sweated like that is years. Never mind, it's been a while since I sustained a 30 minute cardio. (I was stuck in the 20 minute workout mode for too long!)

So here I am, doing what I can with what I got. The weather will break, and I will get outside. I just don't know if I'll have to start back at week one with the C25K program.

Explore-Dream-Discover & Be Healthy:happy:

Mary
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Third post of the week! 20 mins - 1.94kms (1.2 miles). I did 2 x 1 min run segments and 1 x 2 min run segment :)
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    well done!! i am doing my 3rd run Tomorrow.

Keep me posted everyone!!!! so i can keep your points up to date !! x
  • forthefab5
    Options
    Hi, another post for yesterday...

2.1kms in 20 mins - 3 x 1min runs and 1 x 2 min run near the end!

I had a day off today because... wait for it... I signed up for do a 5.5k tomorrow morning... lol!

I'm going to die but in a good way. I plan to take it slow and steady and I'm not going to care about my overall time, just feeling pretty nervous but proud that I am doing it :)
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    I would love to join. I did my first day a couple days ago and was meant to do my second yesterday but couldn't (neither today!)....I am in Australia - will the time difference be okay?
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    I just realised that this thread started last year LOL!! Sorry, I will plod along by myself cos you obviously have finished the 9 weeks already!
    :wink:
  • forthefab5
    Options
    Ms Monny, I'm sure it's ok for you to join in! We officially started in January and so have only been on for less than 2 weeks. I'm from Australia too so Ive just been posting when suits me :)

5.5k was today - took me 55 mins to finish and like I thought I mainly walked but threw in a few runs in there.
  • forthefab5
    Options
    Another post for last night - 20 minutes on treadmill - 2 x 1 min, 1 x 2 min and 2 x 1.5 min runs :)
  • forthefab5
    Options
    2.92kms this evening in 25 minutes. 3 x 3 min runs, 1 x 2 min run and 1 x 1 min run for a total of 12 minutes! Yay!!! I'm doing a happy dance :)
  • forthefab5
    Options
    Hahaha... I think I'm the only person posting on this thread... but it's keeping me accountable so I'll continue to do so...

Last night... 3.65km in 30 mins (I had one "long" run of 5 mins duration and several others which were between 1-2 mins duration).
  • forthefab5
    Options
    3.5km in 30 mins... ran about half of the time...
  • mekhala
    Options
    i fell by the way side last week - back on it this week though!! wish me luck!! thank you for staying on and motivated!!

of course you can join in Mrs - it is proably only the 3 of us - but we can get eachother out there!! x x
  • mekhala
    Options
    you are putting me to shame!!! - off out on a run this afternoon!! well jog!! x