All stopped up ;)

Options
2»

Replies

• gnalani
    gnalani Posts: 126
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'll try being more even on the fiber and if that doesn't help I'll add the flax and look into the laxatives.

I really don't think I have a bowel obstruction and there is definitely no way I'm pregnant lol.

Thanks again!!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said.. plus, it can take time for some of these remedies to work, so I would suggest give it a bit of time before trying something else. Just make sure you drink lots of water while you are waiting!

Also, make sure you are getting enough insoluble fiber, as opposed to just fiber in general. You can google a list of foods high in insoluble fiber, but it's essentially the bran in grains and seeds. I use a tablespoon of ground flaxseed (DON'T try whole flaxseeds, they're indigestible and go straight through) and 2 of wheat bran mixed into my yogurt for breakfast, plus I love these cardboard-like bran cracker things, which are great with cheese.

I target 35g or more of fiber to keep things moving. Everyone's requirements are VERY different it seems.