2.5x Bodyweight lifts

2»

Replies

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Holy moly people are peavish. I got a 2.5 deadlift at my last meet. BW 56kg, deadlift 140kg. I don't have a video of that one but for entertainment I have a video of the meet previous where I pulled 135kg at 55kg - plus my squat and bench. It was an equipped national championship but I woke up the day of the meet barfing so I chose to lift raw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhfZlRawHbY&list=UUmZkoGSFC_p7muA2ym0Myrw

One other poster mentioned wilks. The lighter you are, the easier it is to lift bw multiples. For instance, it is relatively easier for me to pull 140(309) at 56 (123) than a woman who weighs 150 to pull 375. Wilks takes that into account in addition to gender because it's also more attainable for men than women.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Holy moly people are peavish.

mid week hangry.

congrats on the 2.5 body weight DL. That's a long long time off for me yet sitting in the 160's!!!!
  • juliewatkin

mid week hangry.

congrats on the 2.5 body weight DL. That's a long long time off for me yet sitting in the 160's!!!!

Thanks. I was pretty happy with it but not as happy as finally hitting a body weight bench in a meet. Bench is my nemesis :(
  • JoRocka

mid week hangry.

Thanks. I was pretty happy with it but not as happy as finally hitting a body weight bench in a meet. Bench is my nemesis :(

#thestruggleisreal.

I've been really solid with my PR for a while- I cannot add 10 pounds total to mine- seems like it would be so easy to just plop a 5 on each side and push it up- not so much.

BW bench is a win win winw!!!!!!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Getting close, currently ~515 @ ~215. Should be there by the end of the year.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    because 2.5 x body weight doesn't qualify for heavy lifting??/

color me confused.

I think a 150 lbs person doing a 375 DL is equal in accomplishment to a 300 lbs person doing a 750 lbs DL. Get it now?

That is not equal at all. The 150lb lifter gets a Wilkes of 130.31 for their lift while the 300lb lifter gets a Wilkes of 190.95 for their's. The reason is that strength gain and weight gain do not have a linear relationship. They are correlated but they exist on a curve (law of diminishing returns applies here). The lighter you are, the easier it is for you to lift in comparison to your bodyweight.

Yep. Plus gender matters. Hence why I like to look at wilks scores.
  • Sarauk2sf
    You guys will find anything to argue about won't you? LOL

You start getting into the 2x BW territory that's very respectable IMO.

Also, what is really impressive to me is when someone says they can lift X for a lift AND posts a video of the lift. Totally unheard of on this forum!

Unheard of? :tongue:

RAW lifts at meets:

2.2x BW for deads - at a meet so competition legal. 325lb @ 147lb bw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV065nTE26I

Not quite the 2.5 x bw....but i'll take it...considering I am a 47 year old woman!

1.7 x BW for a squat - at a meet, so to depth. 270lb @ 157lb bw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wusI1RUQ7o

Bench is lagging, but getting better. Paused bench meet best is 145lb. I have benched over my BW - but not paused. Did keep my *kitten* on the bench though.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I pulled 2.35x in a meet. But I have not achieved my final form.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    This should be titled 2.5x Bodyweight Deadlifts, lol. Very, very few people are going to be able to lift 2.5x their body weight in any lift other than deadlifts. A 200lb man squatting or benching 500lbs? That's pretty rare. This thread is equally going to cater to the same group of people as the 1000 pound club thread.

Yeah agreed. Saying the other thread favors heavier lifters while making a thread that still favors "heavier" lifters doesn't really make too much sense.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    and I ***** about 250# being hard for a squat.
  • dbmata
    This should be titled 2.5x Bodyweight Deadlifts, lol. Very, very few people are going to be able to lift 2.5x their body weight in any lift other than deadlifts. A 200lb man squatting or benching 500lbs? That's pretty rare. This thread is equally going to cater to the same group of people as the 1000 pound club thread.

Yeah agreed. Saying the other thread favors heavier lifters while making a thread that still favors "heavier" lifters doesn't really make too much sense.

There's people in the 400# club getting love in that thread.
  • PikaKnight

There's people in the 400# club getting love in that thread.

That's pretty awesome (I'm assuming 400# lifts that is). I love seeing stats. Just had to agree though with the first post above because the reasoning for creating this thread in opposition to the 1000lb thread was a bit :huh:

:laugh:
  • dbmata
    No, I mean straight up, 400# combined. They still get love, because just the act of doing it and testing yourself is pretty bad *kitten*.
  • arickettsjr
    arickettsjr Posts: 32 Member
    No, I mean straight up, 400# combined. They still get love, because just the act of doing it and testing yourself is pretty bad *kitten*.

Hear, hear!
  • JoRocka

:drinker:

seconded
  • PikaKnight

nice! :drinker:
  • juliewatkin
    You guys will find anything to argue about won't you? LOL

You start getting into the 2x BW territory that's very respectable IMO.

Also, what is really impressive to me is when someone says they can lift X for a lift AND posts a video of the lift. Totally unheard of on this forum!

Unheard of? :tongue:

RAW lifts at meets:

2.2x BW for deads - at a meet so competition legal. 325lb @ 147lb bw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV065nTE26I

Not quite the 2.5 x bw....but i'll take it...considering I am a 47 year old woman!

1.7 x BW for a squat - at a meet, so to depth. 270lb @ 157lb bw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wusI1RUQ7o

Bench is lagging, but getting better. Paused bench meet best is 145lb. I have benched over my BW - but not paused. Did keep my *kitten* on the bench though.

Nice. We seem to be about the same place. I'll be 50 in November and age is starting to factor in particularly with recovery.
  • Sarauk2sf

*nods*
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    For reference, in the 75Kg class women, the 2.5x would be 412.5 for deadlift. The national record in USAPL Raw in my in my age group is currently 413.25. I don't think 2.5 is really reasonable for me at any point!

My training partner/coach Miki holds the USAPL Total Women's Raw Open in 75kg at 942.25 total and she isn't even putting up 2.5x BW DL or squat in practice yet, although I won't be surprised if she does it at our meet in Nov. She is going for 1000 total. Can't wait to see it. :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    For reference, in the 75Kg class women, the 2.5x would be 412.5 for deadlift. The national record in USAPL Raw in my in my age group is currently 413.25. I don't think 2.5 is really reasonable for me at any point!

Underachiever.