Do you log condiments?

Options

Replies

• khmerjewls
    khmerjewls Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I pretty much log in everything (including ketchup). I try to watch my sodium levels with condiments, especially.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, I log it.

Except dry spices, I don't even usually measure those, except by eye.

:tongue:
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I log ketchup, bbq sauce, mayo, salad dressings, chutney, peanut sauce and anything with more than a few calories.

When I create recipes, I log everything but spices.

When I'm just adding some relish or a splash of soy sauce to something, I don't bother logging it.

Part of the reason for me is that my calories are set really low, so I feel that I have a little wiggle room.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Options
    I log everything except dry spices. I even log 10 calorie a tsp hot sauce. It all adds up. BTW, ketchup can be a total calorie bomb.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Most of the time yes I do log all condiments.. no spices though.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    For high-calorie condiments or those that I know I tend to over-use (oh how I love Miracle Whip!!) I definitely do. For stuff like mustard, I rarely bother. But I know that I probably should, since sodium is lurking in so many add-ons and I'm trying to keep all my numbers green. Ketchup isn't much of a problem for me these days since I normally use it only on fries, and those are pretty much off my radar at the moment.
  • Shalva
    Shalva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am like the other person who said they log everything but dry spices... condiments can easily add up to a hundred calories especially ketchup that has alot of sugar in it and i tend to drown things in ketchup so yeah I log them all to me it is those hidden calories that kill me
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not spices or vinegar

Most condiments are high in sugars, salt or fat.
  • TrulyBeee
    TrulyBeee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LOG EVERYTHING!! Ketchup is my all time favorite one but the sodium is ridiculous and throws off my numbers. If you aren't logging these, you are doing a disservice to the work you're doing.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I watch my sodium.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    As a personal rule I don't log anything that has fewer than 25 calories per serving. I know that maybe they add up if you pile them on or use them frequently (which I don't), but I think psychological health is also a factor here. I refuse to take it to a level that could become a real obsession. Nothing, not even fitness, is good for you once it's been taken to a level that constitutes real obsession. I choose to take a more casual approach to it in order to ensure that doesn't happen.
  • Muffie22
    Muffie22 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    yup! you might be surprised how many calories things you're not logging actually have... as for everyone saying about spices... they don't have a lot of calories in most, but pretty sure I've ended up with like 100+ calories worth of different spices in a dish before with them all combined...
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I skip the oils, mayo or any high calorie and go without or replace with mustard, hot sauce or something that has no real impact. I will use balsamic vinaigrette on salads but log that.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    That's the method I use as well, or just try to pass on the condiments I have to log so I don't have to worry about those extra cals.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    Everything but spices like many people. I even log a cup of tea with is only about 4 calories at the most with the kinds I drink.
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If you want to be honest and accurate with yourself and see the best results, you really should be logging every single thing you eat.

Ketchup is mostly sugar so I'd be logging that as well. Otherwise you're getting an incomplete picture of how many calories you're getting in a day. Which means you're probably eating more than you think.
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If it goes in my mouth, it gets logged.
  • onelovejenn
    Options
    I log everything that I eat, except for spices and sweet & low. Some days when I look at my food log for that day it looks a mile long just because I do log EVERYTHING!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    If it goes in my mouth, it gets logged.

<immediately goes to creep diary>
  • kimballard1966
    kimballard1966 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes!