NSV: Goodbye Emergency Fat Pants

Options
You know that day, when you blow out the *kitten* of the last pair of work pants that still fit you? And you go to the Goodwill in a pair of sweatpants, and buy the ONLY pair of pants you can find that look halfway decent and kind of fit? I had that epiphany at the beginning of August. A closet full of clothes that fit a thinner me, and me stuck wearing the same pair of Emergency Fat Pants to work 5 days a week. It was sufficiently motivating to get me back on track logging my food and staying under my calories.

4 weeks later and 10 pounds lost, last night, I successfully fit into several pairs of smaller pants and was able to put the Emergency Fat Pants into the Goodwill donation box, so they can back to where they came from!

Sayonara, suckers!

Replies

• chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Donate? Heck, I would probably burn the things!

Congratulations!

Still wearing my emergency stretch jeans. No bonfires here today.
    Sigh.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    this gave me a good giggle! can't wait until I fit into my smaller things!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! "Oh, Fat Pants, thee hast served me well and now must serve another"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    hahahaha loved this :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mrs_Sarah_Minor
    Mrs_Sarah_Minor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Donate? Heck, I would probably burn the things!

Congratulations!

Still wearing my emergency stretch jeans. No bonfires here today.
    Sigh.

I feel ya.
  • sakelzenberg
    Options
    Why to go thanks for the post it put a smile on my face and a extra boost in my step. Have a Great Day
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Love it! My go-to 'fat pants' are officially no longer wearable as of about 2 weeks ago. It was kind of sad actually, I really liked those pants and they served me well! I don't know what to do with them... they are too worn out to donate but it kind of feels sad to throw them away.
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love shopping in my own closet. It feels great just pull something out of the closet and be able to fit again. Great work!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    The title of this made me :laugh:

I, too, have a huge walk in closet full of clothes that "used to fit me" or "should have fit me" when I bought them.

And I, too, had that same pair of pants that I wore EVERY SINGLE DAY because nothing else fit.

As of today, I am down 2-3 pants sizes and 1 shirt size. I am pulling out all these clothes and putting them on and I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe. It's a wonderful feeling shopping in your own closet.

Congrats on your success so far and good luck on the rest of your journey!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!