Kids Plates

Options
Does anyone else prefer to eat off of kids plates? I have a hungry, hungry caterpillar plate that I love. It's fun to look at, and since it's small, it makes my calorie-friendly meals look HUGE.

Replies

• frubjious
    Options
    Lol! Love it!
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Its not a kids plate that I turned to, but I have started using a sandwich plate (next size down from dinner) and found that mentally it helps me. I love your plate....I think I would be smiling every time I ate! just as I am now.
  • booboomagoo
    booboomagoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It was cheap! It also came with a small bowl and a mug-style cup that pretty much just perfectly holds 250 ml of juice. So when I want juice, I get a full cup instead of half of an adult sized glass, which always just made me feel ripped off.
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I DO I DO!!! My kids plate is a farm plate, it has the barn, cow, horse and a pig on it. My 5yr old granddaughter also uses one...when my nephew comes over he & I fight over who gets to use it!! :blushing:

Mary
  • booboomagoo
    Options
    I DO I DO!!! My kids plate is a farm plate, it has the barn, cow, horse and a pig on it. My 5yr old granddaughter also uses one...when my nephew comes over he & I fight over who gets to use it!! :blushing:

Mary

Oh man, I am JEALOUS. It took me a while to find one I liked since I didn't want a character one (nothing against Dora, Bob the Builder or the Disney Princesses). Do you remember where you got it? I am forever handwashing the hungry caterpillar one because I don't run the dishwasher more than once every day or two.
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Actually i do! Its one that i used when i was a kid...a Raggedy Ann and Andy bowl that i just adore! :blushing:
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I am JEALOUS. It took me a while to find one I liked since I didn't want a character one (nothing against Dora, Bob the Builder or the Disney Princesses). Do you remember where you got it? I am forever handwashing the hungry caterpillar one because I don't run the dishwasher more than once every day or two.
    [/quote]

Yes I bought it about 3yrs ago at JoAnn Fabrics in the spring. I saw some last year too but they were not just like mine but still really cute. Good Luck in finding some :smile:
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    yep. small plate and in blue... the shade of blue is suppose to help you suppress your appetite. maybe it is because i read the article, but it seems to work for me.
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    haha i don't but i might try that.. lol i always feel pathetic because my plate has barely anything one but i get full after i eat it but makes me feel like i am not eating enough... lol but "Dollar Tree" has some you can get for $1 that are animal heads and target usually has some good kids plates that aren't characters at least mine does
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I use my daughter's bowls a lot for yogurt, cereal, and any time I have ice cream or frozen yogurt. It looks like I'm really getting a lot that way. Other than that, when I do use my regular plates, I make sure that about 1/2 is filled with veggies or the healthiest option available.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I gotta get me one!!!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I use our small dessert plates :) but now I really want a kiddie one!!!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I use small plates bowls but LOVE the idea of a kiddie one--will have to go out and get me a cute set :)
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I don't use a kids plate, but I do use the salad plate instead of the dinner plate. It's much smaller, so I can have a full plate of food without it feeling like I'm giving something up! Great idea! :flowerforyou:
  • booboomagoo
    Options
    I use my daughter's bowls a lot for yogurt, cereal, and any time I have ice cream or frozen yogurt. It looks like I'm really getting a lot that way. Other than that, when I do use my regular plates, I make sure that about 1/2 is filled with veggies or the healthiest option available.

Heh. And because you have a kid, you can be all "Oh, no big deal, that's just my kid's bowl" Whereas I have to hide it, and if caught, I have to be all "I'm a kid at heart. DON'T JUDGE ME!!"
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a Hello Kitty glass and a Hamtaro bowl. Just need to get those plates!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    i use salad/desert plates generally, MUCH easier to be happy about the size of your meal if you're not looking at a huge half empty plate. I'm trying to get my husband to understand this concept and he's having a hard time with it (he actually questioned if we even needed to BUY salad plates when we replaced our old dishes!!! um yes!!!!!)

as for where to buy them, I find cute kid plates at Target a lot, they get in a new batch for every holiday, usually half of them are the little divider plates and half are normal rounds. all are cute!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I use my daughter's Tinker Bell bowl and my son's baby spoons when I eat ice cream!! Makes me feel like I'm getting way more than I am! This thread is too funny! My husband thinks I'm strange, but I'm glad to see I'm not alone!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I use smaller dishes here, too. Now I really want a fun one with something cool on it!
    I am so jealous of your Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar plate.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    well...whenever i'm home i try to use a smaller plate or bowl. but for when i'm at work i try to pack a lunch or make healthy selections from our deli