Wii help!! Choices?

NYIceQueen
NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay so I'm sure this has been asked (& I've looked but answers are in all different threads)...but...

Got Just Dance for Christmas and loved it. My right arm was very tired from the one-arm thing though.

Opinions -- Wii Fit plus (board) versus EA Active versus Zumba versus Just Dance. What is the difference between the board versus ea active? Can you use the wii camera for Just Dance and Zumba so you don't have to hold the controller constantly? Can't spend a load of money and will not buy XBox -- hubby already has PS3 and we have a Wii for the family, so no third system.

I find the Wii Fit w/the board pricey, BTW...but I do want a good workout. Suggestions would be great.

TIA!

Replies

• crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Thanks for the question! I will be watching to see what answers you get. My kids got the Just Dance 2 for Christmas & so far that's been Mommy's workout video. I've been wondering about the WiiFit also.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    I've done all of these except Zumba and, I admit, my best exercise was EA Active, although I find Just Dance a lot easier to get into a routine with -- it's more fun, so I'm a lot more likely to go back. But there's a lot fo room for error with Just Dance -- you better make sure you're doing your best to do what the avatar is doing in order to get a real workout!

Wii Fit is a lot of fun, too, and has it's benefits .... but out of the three, I would recommend it the least.
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    i just got wii for the kids for christmas and i had to go get an exercise thing for me! I went and bought the Biggest Loser Challenge, which is fun but nothing too great... and i also got the EASports Active 2, I LOVE it! It sets up a routine for you, and its neat because you get a heart rate monitor with it. So you dnt hold the remote for everything. Its neat. I love it cause it shows if your doing it right, holding it for the right amount of time, and you can watch as you burn those calories.... so i DO recommend it :) Add me if youd like :0 and good luck
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    I don't have Just Dance, but I have Fit, Active, BLChallenge, Jillian Michael's Ultimatum and Zumba. Active is the best overall workout. There are a ton of options for workouts and so you can mix it up. Zumba is the most fun for me because I like to dance, but can't compare it to Just Dance. I did feel like I worked out, but not like after doing Active. Fit to me is a good easy workout--a good thing after doing a harder one the day before. Good luck! And I am going to look into Active 2 ;)
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    I have the wii- my shape with the camera, and love it. I think the balance board, is more games, and yoga stuff. I never really get a good workout on that. but its fun when you are doing it with a group of people. but with the wii my shape, it has you doing jump jacks, running, hopping, skipping, all kinds of stuff. and you can focus on different body parts, and it tells you the calories burned. I also go the wii just dance 2 for chrismas, and I like that. its fun, and the kids love to dance with me. that's the only problem with the my shape. only you can be on the camera, or it messes with the calories, and says your doing it wrong, if it picks up movements from kids, or dogs. so I have to workout in the morning before the kids are up. with the dance 2, the kids can join in.

I was wondering how the active was. sounds like a good idea for the heart rate monitor. though I think I need to get bored with what I have, before I spend more money on that. ha ha
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    I have Zumba, you should have gotten a belt with it. Put the controller in the belt and wear the belt while you are Zumba-ing, then you do not need to hold it.
  • Just Dance (1n2) -- My most favorite games for the wii.:love: Really break a sweat and lots of fun. Very good music and the dance steps are not too difficult for a beginner. And btw, you can play WITHOUT the remote (that's what I always do to avoid the feeling of over-training my right arm! :tongue: ), but the game wont register the points (whatever?!). Or you could use two remotes (one for each hand). I know some people do that too. :wink:

Zumba -- Very good cardio and fun game too, but I prefer Just Dance. Why ? Because the steps are much more difficult to master and the music is not as good (well, to my taste...). :ohwell:

EA active -- I dont know. I dont have this title...

Wii Fit Plus -- Really for the beginners. I used it at the very start of my "fitness journey" and I only used it for a month since it wasnt enough of a challenge anymore. Very disappointing. :noway:

BONUS : My Fitness Coach (1) -- I suggest this old title (not the 2nd one!). It is my best cardio workout. :happy: There is strength training and yoga options in that game too, but I prefer the cardio part.
  • Just Dance - I have Just Dance 2 on its way from Amazon, so I will know more about how I like that one soon.

Zumba - I don't have this one yet, but I am considering it in the future.

EA Active 2 - I have this one coming on its way from Amazon as well, so I will know more soon.

Wii Fit Plus - I love it. I think it is totally worth it. I use it mostly for balance exercises, yoga and for stepping and free jogs and just for fun. I say it is worth it because you can use the balance board on many of the other games as well including fitness ones.

Biggest Loser Challenge - This is the blue one, the newest one, I see someone didn't like it above, but I have found that I really do like it and get a great work out with it and it is totally customizable to you and it does a great job and showing you what your accuracy is as well as making you sweat and different options for different goals and fitness levels. Although I do wish that they included something to hold the wii controller. You can use the balance board with it as well, and I love that.

There are others out there I haven't tried yet as well. Just bought the Wii pretty recently. I look forward to finding more fitness "games".

Feel free to add me so we can support each other and share our ideas and recommendations, especially all other Wii users :) .
This discussion has been closed.