Muscle Recovery Pills

Options
2»

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    if by muscle recovery pills you mean muscle relaxors so I can sleep at night?? then yeah sure that might help- but all you need is food and rest for recovery.

anything else is wasted.

"Muscle relaxors so you can sleep at night?"

You mean booze, don't you? :bigsmile:

why can't it be both :love:

Can I be around to take advantage of you?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    if by muscle recovery pills you mean muscle relaxors so I can sleep at night?? then yeah sure that might help- but all you need is food and rest for recovery.

anything else is wasted.

as long as you bring the six pack!
  • MityMax96
    Options

anything else is wasted.

Ok, which beer you like?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

anything else is wasted.

Ok, which beer you like?

wrong six pack
  • MityMax96
    Options

anything else is wasted.

Ok, which beer you like?

wrong six pack

Oh :noway: :noway: :noway:

Ok, I think I can bring those. :wink:
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Unless it's glutamine, it's probably junk
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I miss booze. 5 1/2 weeks sober.

Congratulations. I know it's hard, but your life can only go up from here.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Even if it is, that is still debatable if hit has any affect
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

You can debate your opinion by all means but how do you debate science?
  • MityMax96
    Options

You can debate your opinion by all means but how do you debate science?

If you wish to use glutamine, then do so.....
    I don't use is separately....
    It is part of the BCAAs I use....not to mention you can produce it on your own, as well as obtain it from various food sources.

So I am just saying some things I have read over the years.....it is debatable if it is a supplement you would want to purchase....
    Due to the benefits of said amino acid may or may not benefit you.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    http://examine.com/supplements/Glutamine/
    6.1. Muscle Protein Synthesis

Glutamine is an amino acid intimately linked in vitro with muscle homeostasis and muscle protein synthesis, in which a surplus causes anabolism and prevents breakdown while a deficit causes catabolism.[31][32][33] This correlation has been seen in vivo when glutamine is infused[32][34] (some counter evidence[35][36]) and appears to be specific for glutamine.[32][37]

In vitro, glutamine is known to reduce the rates of Leucine oxidation and increase the deposition of leucine, which increases the effects of leucine in a skeletal muscle cell.[16]

When looking at cellular cultures and isolated cells, glutamine appears to dose-dependently increase muscle protein synthesis. When glutamine is increased in the blood via injections, this relationship is still observed

Studies using glutamine in otherwise healthy persons and investigating either muscle protein synthesis or lean mass gains have noted a failure with 900mg/kg lean mass (placbo being 900mg/kg maltodextrin) in youth paired with resistance training.[38]

The addition of glutamine to Creatine[1] or extra glutamine (300mg/kg bodyweight) to a protein and carbohydrate shake[2] or amino acid and carbohydrate shake[2] have also failed to outperform the supplements ingested without glutamine, suggesting no role as a synergistic.

In studies of otherwise healthy humans given glutamine supplementation, it does not appear to enhance the rates of muscle protein synthesis
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    just repeating post I just submitted:
    For anyone who suffers from D.O.M.S (delayed onset muscle soresness) you HAVE to try this supplement: BPI Sports Best BCAA's, they come in 3 or 4 different flavors, I thave tried the blues raspberry, it was tasty and it is a miracle supplement. I did 3 workouts yesterday, I was already sore before i finished my third for the day, I took the BPI BCAAs after my last workout in the evening, went to sleep sore; woke up this morning with NO PAIN!!!! It is absolutely amazing. They have a sale on Bodybuilding.com, you can buy samples to try it out to see if it works for you.

image_prodprod1730004_largeImage_X_450_white_zps827395a4.jpg

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

The poster was just recommending a product that he/she tried -- I doubt they stand anything to benefit and they probably don't own BPI since it's a well established brand. I haven't tried their BCAAs, but I often pack their 5-serving chocolate whey protein with me when I travel each week -- it's very good, mixes well, 25g protein and 1g sugar. They have other flavors, but I've only personally tried the chocolate one.

To the OP -- I personally avoid pills since recovery is more about rest and nutrition than anything else. Plus I find I'm hardly disciplined enough to take multivitamins... so I get most of my nutrition from real food. Protein intake is important, but equally important in recovery are carbs, essential fats and amino acids.

It is easy to fall victim to catchy slogans and fancy packaging even when the basic ingredients are relatively inexpensive and available in other forms. Creatine is a perfect example... there are so many creatine powders and pre-workout mixes of all different flavors. But you can buy plain creatine monohydrate for $5-7/lb.... versus $40 for a 30-serving fancy container of creatine + flavoring + caffeine.
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    Options
    just repeating post I just submitted:
    For anyone who suffers from D.O.M.S (delayed onset muscle soresness) you HAVE to try this supplement: BPI Sports Best BCAA's, they come in 3 or 4 different flavors, I thave tried the blues raspberry, it was tasty and it is a miracle supplement. I did 3 workouts yesterday, I was already sore before i finished my third for the day, I took the BPI BCAAs after my last workout in the evening, went to sleep sore; woke up this morning with NO PAIN!!!! It is absolutely amazing. They have a sale on Bodybuilding.com, you can buy samples to try it out to see if it works for you.

image_prodprod1730004_largeImage_X_450_white_zps827395a4.jpg

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

The poster was just recommending a product that he/she tried -- I doubt they stand anything to benefit and they probably don't own BPI since it's a well established brand. I haven't tried their BCAAs, but I often pack their 5-serving chocolate whey protein with me when I travel each week -- it's very good, mixes well, 25g protein and 1g sugar. They have other flavors, but I've only personally tried the chocolate one.

To the OP -- I personally avoid pills since recovery is more about rest and nutrition than anything else. Plus I find I'm hardly disciplined enough to take multivitamins... so I get most of my nutrition from real food. Protein intake is important, but equally important in recovery are carbs, essential fats and amino acids.

It is easy to fall victim to catchy slogans and fancy packaging even when the basic ingredients are relatively inexpensive and available in other forms. Creatine is a perfect example... there are so many creatine powders and pre-workout mixes of all different flavors. But you can buy plain creatine monohydrate for $5-7/lb.... versus $40 for a 30-serving fancy container of creatine + flavoring + caffeine.

OOPS, I was not aware of the rule...I don't work for them, just an honest lay person who tried their product and wanted others to know about it.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I like using XTend BCAA's
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    OOPS, I was not aware of the rule...I don't work for them, just an honest lay person who tried their product and wanted others to know about it.

You didn't break a rule -- people share product recommendations on here all the time. It's only "You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise."
  • Jaseau
    Jaseau Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am not to sure about them my self... a sound quality diet, good sleep, some safe stretching and not over training will give you a far superior recovery. To help your sleep I use a herbal sleep supplement with hops and valerian it really helps.
    Just my 2cents.. Its crazy how many products are on the market eh.
    but please do let us know how you get on with the pills..
    :)
    J
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I am not to sure about them my self... a sound quality diet, good sleep, some safe stretching and not over training will give you a far superior recovery. To help your sleep I use a herbal sleep supplement with hops and valerian it really helps.
    Just my 2cents.. Its crazy how many products are on the market eh.
    but please do let us know how you get on with the pills..
    :)
    J

Yeah. I use a 'herbal' supplement with hops and...er...malted barley.