NSV-I about died

Options

Replies

• SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    That NSV is way better than a number on a scale...I'll take that ANY day!!! Good for you! Be careful happy dancing, if you do too much of it, the 3s won't fit for very long, either! :happy: :tongue:
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your non scale victory. 12 to a 3 is quite impressive. I hope to get to a 12 one day.
  • Congratulations! good for you!!!
    I had a similar victory about two days ago, when I went to get new jeans. I don't currently own a scale, so I haven't been keeping track of my weight loss. When I bought the same cut and brand jeans as I previously owned (if it's not broken don't fix it), I expected to be the same size, but was psyched to fit comfortably in a 4! I've never been a 4, not even in middle school!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! What an amazing story! Thank you so much fir sharing!!! I am so happy for you!
  • ImpracticalGirl
    ImpracticalGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations!
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!! I recently went from a 12 to an 8 and I was about ready to flip out. To a 3? THAT"S FANTASTIC!!! Great job girl:drinker:
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I'm thrilled for you!
    I felt the same way when I was able to get into a size 10 (from a size 24)
    I still do not see it either
    great NSV congrats!!
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You have been given a great gift. To finally see yourself as everyone else already sees you! Congratulations!
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    So cool!!! I went shopping today for new pants as well and for the first time in months, ended up leaving the store with something I felt totally cute in. Such an amazing feeling!

It's great motivation to continue, isn't it? Enjoy!!!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • rayray61
    rayray61 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahaha, good job !!!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Love the story!

Well done OP!
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • amielou42
    amielou42 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!! What an AWESOME feeling!!!! Size 3!!!! Yahoooo!!!!
  • Danielle_Style
    Danielle_Style Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This was really inspiring!!! Keep up the healthy lifestyle!
  • terra415
    terra415 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me! Isn't it awesome! I cannot believe I went from a size 12 myself to just around 0-4 depending on the brand and fit (as we are all shaped differently). I am very happy for you. It is a major accomplishment for all. I remember going for the size 6-8's and once I did come out to look in the bigger mirror, a sales associate saw me and already started looking for a smaller size. I am not mentally a size "2" yet. I can't get past those mental barriers. I am afraid of buying too much at this size only to- well- get fatter again and not ever wear it again.

But hey! Just think about it: the smaller and larger sizes in the clearance section are usually bountiful, as opposed to more of the population size spectrum. So... MORE CHOICES (and cheaper too :))
  • WhoWasGivenToFly
    WhoWasGivenToFly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congrats! ( and someone should start a thread spelling out all the MFP acronyms).

Similar story: I bought a pair of pants a few months ago that I couldn't get zipped up, and my goal was just to get to a point where I could get them zipped. Not only do I fit into these pants, they are starting too get to big. I considers this a major NSV as a lot of my weight is carried on my hips, stomach, and rear end and all my shirts/tops became too big before any of my pants.

Good feeling, isn't it?:drinker:
  • Krecob
    Krecob Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, its been a rewarding journey. Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who have been/ are in my shoes, its a great feeling!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    OK, so I guess I have an NSV... still trying to figure out what that means. (New Sweet View, Nice Sexy Vibe? I don't know) Here is what happened that made me ecstatic.

A little over a year ago I started my journey of weight loss and healthy living. I was in a size 12 and I am barley over 5 feet, if that paints a good picture for ya. After losing 25lbs I was still wearing the same clothes I started my journey in, if you can imagine I was having some issues, not with keeping clothes on because I naturally have wider hips, but just how they looked on me it wasn't super cute. So I decided I have finally lost enough that I can reward myself and not worry about wasting money on something that may not fit in a month. So I went to the lovely mall that I have stayed clear of for a long while now and grabbed a decent amount of pants to try on. Now I knew I lost weight so I didn't go for the size 12 pants, instead I went and grabbed size 7 thinking for sure I can squeeze in these by now I HAVE TO! (At this point I was going through this issue where I don't see the weight I had lost, to me I look the same as I did a year ago)

So I go into the fitting room and start the process, pant shopping is the worst in my opinion. As I slip my legs into the size 7 and pull them up to my waist there was no squeezing, jumping or screaming..... You know what there was? CONFUSION .... that's what there was, these pants were falling off me! WHAT?! I double, triple check the size. Yep it says 7 HUH.... at this point my eyes are tearing. I am so unbelievably happy but then I felt this weird lost feeling, I at this point in time have no idea what size I am and I am sitting in a fitting room full of pants that aren't going to fit! I peek out the door and make eye contact with an employee, who sees my distraught facial expressions and she quickly hurries over "is everything fitting all right?" I open the door to show her and her response " Oh honey, no no no what size are those?" I answer "size 7, they are all size 7" She quickly says don't worry ill be back with some size 3's "WHAT no no no" I say, "I am not a size 3 never have been" She smiles and walks away and not one minute later she hands me a pair of pants that are a size 3 and tells me to try them on. So I oblige, and guess what....... THEY FIT * happy dance

Thank you all for the encouragement and tips, I don't think I could have done it without MFP friends!

Nice Sexy View it might be indeed! Congratulations :love: :love:
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is wonderful! I have absolutely no idea what a size 3 is but it sounds teeny tiny! Anyone know what that would be in UK sizes? I am suer interested because I am 5ft1 and have an initial goal of 123lbs but am presuming I will want to lose a bit more :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!