Food oddities?

Options
Laugh all you want....but today I found myself eating a frozen toaster strudel. Like, straight from the freezer. And it was actually delicious. Crunchy and sweet.

I also used to eat cake mix straight from the box. Just powdered, with a spoon. I'd take a spoonful or two and I guess I liked the texture. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I used to eat frozen french fries. Think of all the calories I saved not frying them.

Other than that the weirdest thing I eat is peanut butter and american cheese sandwiches dipped in milk.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Almond butter straight from the jar

Nonfat yogurt with chia seeds added

Cold cabbage
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    Options
    I always have marshmallows at home to snack on something sweet. A handful of the minis are a great fix for a sweet treat. Not too weird I guess, huh? lol
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I can eat cold beans and potatoes from the tin. I used to love potato salad & coleslaw sandwiches. Oh gravy on chips, mash, veg etc
  • ldy_78
    Options
    When I was in elementary school we all used to take those bags of ramen noodles, crush them in the bag and sprinkle that awful msg laden seasoning over it, twist the bag shut, shake it around, and snack on the dried seasoned noodle bits. It was pretty tasty! Now I think that those dried noodles would be killer on a salad!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    My husband likes a slice of processed cheese on his peanut butter sandwich and cinnamon on his rice. Weirdo.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    a sleeve of saltine crackers crumbled up and put in a glass, fill the glass with milk, eat with a spoon

salty, soggy goodness, lol
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    When I was in elementary school we all used to take those bags of ramen noodles, crush them in the bag and sprinkle that awful msg laden seasoning over it, twist the bag shut, shake it around, and snack on the dried seasoned noodle bits. It was pretty tasty! Now I think that those dried noodles would be killer on a salad!
    Me too! I don't know who came up with this but we all ate it at school.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Very interesting, everyone! And with the noodles, I actually know a person in kindergarten who did that! He was Vietnamese and he said that's one way his family ate ramen. I had never heard of it!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    a sleeve of saltine crackers crumbled up and put in a glass, fill the glass with milk, eat with a spoon

salty, soggy goodness, lol

I grew up on this. :heart:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Fried cheerios (eaten with a toothpick of course) and fried bologna. My mother wasn't very experimental with food so I didn't start playing around with things like this until I was in middle school/high school. Although we did used to make a "boat" out of a canned pear half with cottage cheese in the middle and a toothpick and a piece of paper for a sail. One of those cute fun kids snack ideas that probably came from Highlights magazine or maybe Sunday School.

Not sure how odd this is but the saltine/milk think reminded me of it - milk toast or egg nog toast OMG, so good! Haven't had it for years, might ask Mom to make egg nog toast for Christmas. :)

My brother still likes experimenting with food a lot. I like trying new things but am hesitant sometimes because it can get expensive and/or I hate the thought of wasting the food if it's gross.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Fried cheerios (eaten with a toothpick of course) and fried bologna. My mother wasn't very experimental with food so I didn't start playing around with things like this until I was in middle school/high school. Although we did used to make a "boat" out of a canned pear half with cottage cheese in the middle and a toothpick and a piece of paper for a sail. One of those cute fun kids snack ideas that probably came from Highlights magazine or maybe Sunday School.

Not sure how odd this is but the saltine/milk think reminded me of it - milk toast or egg nog toast OMG, so good! Haven't had it for years, might ask Mom to make egg nog toast for Christmas. :)

My brother still likes experimenting with food a lot. I like trying new things but am hesitant sometimes because it can get expensive and/or I hate the thought of wasting the food if it's gross.
    Pear boats sound awesome!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I love a just barely thawed still cold toaster strudel, they are the best on a hot day. I also love eating rice with cinnamon, sugar, and butter. And flamin' hot cheetos on a turkey sandwich is bliss. Nothing too "weird" these days though, cuz all my favorites are too many calories to spend on a single snack or meal
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Doritos on a cold cut combo from Subway! Well not lately, but yeah
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i liked to munch on dry ramen noodles, or dry spaghetti.. i think it was the crunch. also like eating frozen green beans... lol. i guess i just like the texture.
  • RunnerStephe
    Options
    I like dipping sardines in yogurt.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My mom & I both love putting ketchup on green beans or brown beans. Neither of us are big ketchup fans when it comes to "normal" ketchup-laden stuff though, like French fries or hamburgers.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    i thought i was the only cake mix eater it later evolved to melting butter into the mix and stirring in frosting
  • rdfhunter
    rdfhunter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Seaweed omelet
  • Texnell
    Texnell Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    okay, here goes. I grew up eating miracle whip, peanut butter & pickle sanwiches. Sometimes bologna was included.

as an adult, I found out that when cleaning up after making spaghetti, I like spaghetti sandwich with hellmans.

of course, those examples are the source of my weight delima ..... so now, favorite is FF cottage cheese, splenda, and fruit, preferably fresh pineapple or blueberries. my savory FF cottage cheese, still includes a smidge of hellmans, with s&p, cucumbers, tomatoes, purple onion.