Negative side effects to losing mass amounts of weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Gallbladder issues are somewhat common from a drastic change in diet.

Excellent reminder, especially I recall if fat intake is massively reduced like it used to be done with low fat diets.

But then fall off diet and go big on fats again, back and forth constantly was the worst offender it seemed.
  • RicoMittens
    RicoMittens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost a little over 30 lbs. What I've noticed is 'things' are looser and I've bought compression items to help. I do Piyo and some 'things' are now in my way in a different way and it feels odd to move them so I can move deeper. :)
    Also, I have a lingering disk problem in my back that started in a couple of weeks ago such that I had to have my roommate tie my shoes to go for our walk. My doctor thinks it might be a symptom of the 'load' being rebalanced.

But, I can now keep up with my roommate when we are walking AND I don't sound like a wheezing steam engine. And I just plain feel better.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Nothing "negative" but my wife jokes about missing my extra "biscuit cushions" that kept her feet warm at night.
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lb in about 5 months, not completely intentionally. At that speed, you're at risk for gallbladder problems, especially if you used a low fat diet to lose weight. I had some gallbladder twinges, but nothing that was actionable. We're keeping an eye on it, but now that I've managed to slow my weight loss, it's less of a risk.

I've become b-12 deficient, and will need b-12 injections monthly for the forseeable future.

My A1c has dropped to levels that mean I have an increased risk of mortality, liver failure and heart disease.

My resting heart rate ocassionally drops to 35-40bpm, and I sometimes I have a bp below 100/70. When my blood pressure is low, I just have to be careful standing up or turning my head too far, because I'll get dizzy and my vision goes black.

Oh, and I'm still 15lb overweight.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    my list:

gallstones
    attention
    loose skin
    lack of an emotional outlet or my best friend aka food
    coldness
    maintenance
    boring