Calorie adjustments in MFP and caloreies burned from HRM

Hi all,
Just thought I could get some help in figuring out this whole calorie adjustments thing. I use my polar heart rate monitor when I run and I usually input the calories from that after my exercise but I always see a calorie adjustment on my fitness pale aswell.

Example. 1 hour of jogging my HRM says I burned 500 calories
but in my fitness pal there is an 182 calorie adjustment for 6,164 steps taken.
Am I still supposed to log my calories in my fitness pal after I work out or not? Please help!

Also am I supposed to be eating those calories back that I burned because that number makes my total calories I have burned go up for my food consumption.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    are you linking something like a Fitbit or activity monitor to an online service that itself ties in to MFP ? that would likely be the source of the 182 adjustment.

You need to decide which horse you are backing really - activity monitor, HRM, manual logging etc.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    are you linking something like a Fitbit or activity monitor to an online service that itself ties in to MFP ? that would likely be the source of the 182 adjustment.

You need to decide which horse you are backing really - activity monitor, HRM, manual logging etc.

This^

Look in one of the FitBit groups on how to "net" these 2 things together. I think you will find that FitBit wearers log the difference....not the entire workout amount.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users