Legs hurt while running?

Options
I went for a run today, and I had this really bad aching pain in both legs, on the inner side of them. It spiked whenever I landed, and when walking it was horrible.

My running form is good, and I usually don't go that fast, my legs are tired before my lungs are generally. Any ideas what this could be? Or is this something I should go see a doctor about?

Replies

• KpopGrad92
    KpopGrad92 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So if it persists definitely go see a doctor.

I worked in running shoes for a while and have had a lot of clients come in with lower leg pain. A lot of times it is people not wearing the correct style for them. Some people need really specialized styles and specifics (motion control, stability). Sneakers are designed all differently with different arches, different designs based on your heel strike and so on. Also just on the off chance make sure they are running shoes, I had people come in and they were wearing cross-trainers to go running.

Make sure you do warm up enough. Make sure you do some movement when you warm up. I generally do a lap around the block some jumping jacks and the likes. You also might just need to build up some strength in your legs. All possibilities, best of luck mate!
  • megstoo
    megstoo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If it's the lower part of the legs could also be shin splints.