Building an excerxise plan?

I am walking about every other day for a half hour, moderate pace.

Looking for ideas. How did you build yours?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    base it on your fitness goals.

but in general a well rounded plan should include components of cardio conditioning, strength training, and flexibility/mobility
  • Hi I've just posted about uploading a work out routine I'm currently in the middle if writing it if you interested let me no I can send you the details when it's complete

I'm training to be a fitness coach
    I'm a semi pro football player

So I love fitness any questions fire away or inbox me :)
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Base it around things you like to do. For example with cardio - if you hate running then find another form of cardio.

Doing things you actually enjoy makes it easier to stick to your plan.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    Hi I've just posted about uploading a work out routine I'm currently in the middle if writing it if you interested let me no I can send you the details when it's complete

how do you even know what her goals are ? :laugh:
  • Hi I've just posted about uploading a work out routine I'm currently in the middle if writing it if you interested let me no I can send you the details when it's complete

I'd love to have a look at that too if you don't mind.

Any advice on training to run with patellar tendinitis? I love running but once my knee goes I could be out of the loop for a few weeks and during that time I always loose fitness.

Sorry for jumping in on your question jazzie_red, I find Tiffany rothe videos are brilliant for increasing exercise! they're fun, short, can be done at any stage and require no equipment.
  • Hi Jazzie,

I'm a personal trainer and I have this easy cardio routine for beginners that you can use. It's easy and effective. If you have a question just ask me. Happy to anwer any question :)

Here it is:

TIME RESISTANCE Strides Per Minute

Warm up: 5 minutes 3 130
    00:00-5:00

Warm up: 5 minutes 5 130
    05:00-10:00

Speed up: 5 minutes 5 140
    10:00-15:00

Backward: 5 minutes 7 140
    15:00-20:00

Forward: 2:30 minutes 7 140
    20:00-22:30

Push: 2:30 minutes 7 140
    22:30-25:00

Pull: 5 minutes 7 140
    25:00-30:00

No hands: 5 minutes 5 140
    30:00-35:00

Cool down: 5 minutes 3 130
    *SPM = strides per minute
    Incline = 20 percent

how do you even know what her goals are ? :laugh:

I don't.. But I could adjust the routine to what her goals are...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Is this thread going to turn into a "fitness trainer" promo?
  • wulfax
    wulfax Posts: 93 Member
    When I talk about weight with people I always say, “I am not overweight because I don’t know what to do. I am overweight because I know, and don’t do it!” It is a bit of a joke but very true.

In my younger days I was in the military and very fit, but life happened and here I am almost 100lbs over weight (I was over 100lbs, but with the weight I have lost I am now under 100lbs). I have been down the road of losing weight so many times before that I am taking this more slowly.

This is what I have done for now. I loaded the app Pacer onto my phone (just for a metric to keep track) and I just walk for now. I work in an office and I have two 15-min breaks and a half-hour lunch. I walk 10 minutes around the office on those breaks. Then when I get home, the kids, wife, and I go for a walk around the neighborhood, anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour depending on time.

My advice is to find what is comfortable and slowly add to it. This way you won’t attempt exercises before you physically ready, thereby hurting yourself and falling entirely off the fit bandwagon.

Hope this helped, good luck on achieving your goals!
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    I guess I am just going to continue to walk until my bike is fixed. Then I will ride. I will ride a lot, because when I ride I would ride for several hours. I don't want to lift.... Cause I hate it. Maybe some resistant bands is about as much as I will go. But later.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    base it on your fitness goals.

but in general a well rounded plan should include components of cardio conditioning, strength training, and flexibility/mobility

^^ This.

Just this.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Is this thread going to turn into a "fitness trainer" promo?
    I'm lurking and waiting for a BB coach to make an appearance. I almost have bingo!

OP, the best way to find out what works for you is to try lots of things, pick the ones you like and go with it. And I highly recommend giving strength training a try. It's a great boost physically and mentally. I can't tell you how great it is to feel strong.

Have fun! :flowerforyou:
  • i'm just trying to help ;)