Diary of a Quitter Day 2

... I changed my quit day to Friday. I'm cutting down severly today and tomorrow but I cracked last night and bought a pack. :noway:

How pathetic? I can't go 6 hours without freaking out.

I've still only had two in the last... 19 hours. And I was in the car alot last night a probably would have had at least for then and usually I have two in the morning and I only had one today.

Work has been extremely stressful today so that's definitely not helping.

I'm on my break right now and would normally be outside puffing away.. but here I sit eating my morning snack and yapping on the internet.

The one I had this morning really wasn't even that good...

I'm definitely going to have to watch myself with food. I can already tell I will crave food. Like right now... Pizza hut... **drools**

Oh what am I going to do!?!

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    ... I changed my quit day to Friday. I'm cutting down severly today and tomorrow but I cracked last night and bought a pack. :noway:

How pathetic? I can't go 6 hours without freaking out.

I've still only had two in the last... 19 hours. And I was in the car alot last night a probably would have had at least for then and usually I have two in the morning and I only had one today.

Work has been extremely stressful today so that's definitely not helping.

I'm on my break right now and would normally be outside puffing away.. but here I sit eating my morning snack and yapping on the internet.

The one I had this morning really wasn't even that good...

I'm definitely going to have to watch myself with food. I can already tell I will crave food. Like right now... Pizza hut... **drools**

Oh what am I going to do!?!
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    DON'T GIVE UP! I am a nurse certified diabetes educator and smoking is the worst thing you can do!! It compounds every other medical issue you might have!!!
    You are actually healthier 20lbs overweight than if you are skinny and smoking!!!!!!!!
    Get low cal suckers, gum, minted toothpicks, walk up and down the stairs when you feel like smoking.....think about all that smoke in your lungs and bloodstream hindering your exercise efforts.

DON'T GIVE UP!
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    i'm really proud of you for taking this step. i'm not a smoker, but i know giving up anything (like overeating, gambling, alcohol) can be very tough... i know it is hard to quit cold turkey, so please don;t beat yourself up about cutting down first. that may be the way that best works for YOU. keep up the good work!
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    i'm really proud of you for taking this step. i'm not a smoker, but i know giving up anything (like overeating, gambling, alcohol) can be very tough... i know it is hard to quit cold turkey, so please don;t beat yourself up about cutting down first. that may be the way that best works for YOU. keep up the good work!

Thanks so much for the support! I'm really needing it. :sad:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    You are doing great!!! When I quit, it was right around the time when I ha da big party to go to, I actually found having a quit day really helped!! My quit day was two days after the party. Haven't had one since. 2 smokes in 19 hrs is awesome, especially if you used to smoke a pack a day like I did! Just keep looking at the big picture and tell yourself everyday the benefits of not smoking versus the cons. I know you can do it though, so if you mess up here and there, just set yourself straight again right away!!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Be prepared, but not upset about a little weight gain after you've totally quit smoking. As your body becomes more and more healthy, overcoming the damage the smoking did, you may gain some weight. It will come off, with patience and perseverence, and you will have a healthy body and healthy lungs to boot. MKeithly had a great post on the good effects on your body of quitting after a month, year, so on. I will try to find it...