Umbilical hernia

Options
Anyone ever had one? More specifically in men?

Replies

• mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    my daughter has one and a family friend son has one and it can go away with age, if you were born with it and you still have it your prob a lifer. The doctor told me as long as its not painful, swollen, protruding, bleeding or anything crazy life that ignore it. He never told me any physical limitations for her or anything. Specifically what are you wondering?
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i am referring to umbilical hernias in adults. Not babies, children,infants,etc...
  • Hulcan911
    Options
    I have had surgery twice... once they cut me open and stitched it (lasted only a year), I was on the right track and lost 70 pounds in 16 weeks but in that process I reinjured myself and ended up with a double Umbilical Hernia... another surgery this time scoped a 6" piece of mesh in my abdomen. Unfortunately I gained my weight back and now starting all over again... I worry that my stomach will not be able to build the muscle needed to lose weight off my stomach...
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i am referring to umbilical hernias in adults. Not babies, children,infants,etc...

some adults have had them since birth are are considered low risk compared to randomly getting one, which is why i asked.
  • shadyj26
    shadyj26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    my daughter has one and a family friend son has one and it can go away with age, if you were born with it and you still have it your prob a lifer. The doctor told me as long as its not painful, swollen, protruding, bleeding or anything crazy life that ignore it. He never told me any physical limitations for her or anything. Specifically what are you wondering?

I found out last year in November that I had Umbilical Hernia. The doctor told me that I had it since I was a kid. He recommended that I get it fixed b/c it felt funny when I touched it. It always felt that way. He said that it could get worst. From my experience it was worth having the surgery. It feels so much better now.