Really getting frustrated with this HIDEOUS belly.

Options
Warning: If you have a squeamish stomach, don't read...this is yucky stuff.

Hi,

I started out needing to lose 200 pounds. Thus far, I am 50 lbs down (weigh-day is Friday). I have 150 to go.

This belly of mine is driving me insane. It hangs. When I say it hangs, I mean it *really hangs*... over "places" it's not supposed to hang (not going into detail).

I seem to be losing weight everywhere except there. I can see it in my face. I can see it in my legs, ankles, arms, neck, etc.

I've been going to the gym and will continue to go (I've gone 3 times since Friday). I've been doing crunches here at home (those hurt like hell on a hardwood floor and now my back hates me).

I thought a 50 lb loss would at least make it look *slightly* smaller....even if only a tad...but it looks the exact same!

Before someone says it...I know I can't spot reduce fat.

No - I'm not giving up.
No - I'm not feeling sorry for myself (if that were the case I'd give up) I'm the one that allowed it to get to this point (this I know).

Lower belly and the fat rolls in my back are just NOT wanting to budge at *all*.

WHEN am I going to start seeing this humongous "Jabba's lovechild" of a belly even START to go down? Even just a *tiny* amount?!?

...feeling very overwhelmed today. :sad:

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Do you take progression pics? If not, consider taking them every 30 days or so.

I felt the same way for a long time, though I have less to lose. By my stomach area was... huge. I could not physically see the difference in the mirror alot of times. It wasn't until I started comparing all of my progress pictures that I could see it actually was going down.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Do you take progression pics? If not, consider taking them every 30 days or so.

I felt the same way for a long time, though I have less to lose. By my stomach area was... huge. I could not physically see the difference in the mirror alot of times. It wasn't until I started comparing all of my progress pictures that I could see it actually was going down.

I didn't start taking progression pictures until 9/12/14 (so there hasn't been enough time to tell). That said...I didn't include my lower belly in the picture (just my upper belly)...I doubt it would even fit in the snapshot; I might get daring and try.

Thank you for your reply. :')
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    You'r not going to want to hear this, but patience is the key....excrutiating patience.

This is a long process.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    Options
    You'r not going to want to hear this, but patience is the key....excrutiating patience.

This is a long process.

Thank you for your reply...and yes, I did need to hear that (I try to remind myself of that but sometimes I fail miserably).

I just wish it would show in my underbelly...even if just a smidge difference (so it would feel like I'm getting somewhere). My upper belly doesn't have rolls (it has fat, just not rolls, hard to explain). It's like it all slid down below my bellybutton or something. :(

Patience...I need to write that word on a post-it note, methinks.
  • Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I saw someone post on here one time stating basically that when we lose weight, we still have the same body just smaller. This simple statement was really big to me. It sounds obvious, but I suppose I thought I was gunna start losing weight and magically look like someone else? Lol. I too have been struggling with the dreaded belly fat/hang. I think that until I get to a pretty low body fat percentage I'll just have to deal with it for a while. Great job on your accomplishment so far and know that you're not alone. We can HANG in there together :-p sorry..had to...
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    Options
    I saw someone post on here one time stating basically that when we lose weight, we still have the same body just smaller. This simple statement was really big to me. It sounds obvious, but I suppose I thought I was gunna start losing weight and magically look like someone else? Lol. I too have been struggling with the dreaded belly fat/hang. I think that until I get to a pretty low body fat percentage I'll just have to deal with it for a while. Great job on your accomplishment so far and know that you're not alone

Well..I've been 148 lb before...and I guess I did always have a "poochie thing" under my bellybutton. I don't mind a pooch...but I do mind a mountain (hence why I'm anxious to move it to the land of misfit fat).
    . We can HANG in there together :-p sorry..had to...

Well..I've been teary-eyed too much today, so that pun at the end made me laugh; thank you. :flowerforyou: