Lawyers?

Options
ashlee954
ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
Are there any lawyers on this site?

Replies

• btuman43
    Options
    Not a lawyer, but I did take some buisness law classes in college. So im probably of no help to you.
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    what type of lawyer are you looking for? not a lawyer myself but surrounded by a ton at work!
  • ashlee954
    Options
    I'm not sure. I was just completely screwed by a car dealership. Fraud. I know what I signed and yet they have papers stating something completely different. I do not know what to do. I know you need proof but the papers they have show their version of events. I am at a loss, as I do not know who to turn to or where to go. I feel taken advantage of, cheated, lied to, scammed, made a fool of, and betrayed. I can't stop crying. I can't stop throwing up. :(
  • utamore
    Options
    I am a lawyer. I suggest you speak with a lawyer in your city--many will give a free consultation. Please forgive my necessary statements that I am not your lawyer and this is not meant to be legal advice. Based on what you said, it sounds like you may have a legitimate claim against the dealership. There is a claim (at least, in some states) called "fraud in the execution," which means pretty much exactly what you said--you were induced into thinking you were signing one document, but in fact you signed another because of fraud. While you're correct that you need "evidence," that evidence can include your testimony that you believed you were signing a different document, or that you did not sign the document they now claim that you did and perhaps its a forgery. In the face of that kind of testimony, it could ultimately end up a question for a jury to decide, but the dealership may very well decide to settle the claim long before it reaches a jury. Know that this can be a very long, tedious, and emotionally taxing process. Good luck.
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Not a lawyer, but I did take some buisness law classes in college. So im probably of no help to you.

i thought you were going to say...."not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express" :laugh:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    you can look for a lawyer in your area and get a consultation. Might cost some money for the consultation but its worth it for sound legal advice.

I just had a consultation with a divorce attorney and it was $100 fee
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I was screwed over by a VW dealership in September. I wanted to buy a Bug Convertible and they are being discontinued. I asked if other colours were available and they said no, the cream was the last one in Western Canada. So I signed the Offer and got the approval. On the day we went to signed the financial papers we found out they were lying and there was other colours available. They were just too lazy to bring it in. They refused to give me back my deposit when I called them on it. Grrrrrr.

I ended up losing $500 and buying my car in Calgary instead. Six weeks later, I was hit by a drunk driver and the car was totalled. I can never win.

Anyway, back to you! I`m a Legal Assistant. Contact a lawyer that does free consultations. Document everything and bring everything you have with you. Good luck!!!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If you need to find a lawyer, go to the grocery store and pretend to slip and fall. You will be surrounded by more lawyers than you can shake a stick at before you can blink.
  • ashlee954
    Options
    Thanks guys. Gonna try and find one in my area that offers a cheap consult rate. I'm in Dallas and $500 is the lowest I have found. I did not want to pay that just to be told I have no proof and am SOL. But I guess I'm gonna have to.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Gonna try and find one in my area that offers a cheap consult rate. I'm in Dallas and $500 is the lowest I have found. I did not want to pay that just to be told I have no proof and am SOL. But I guess I'm gonna have to.

I live in Dallas as well. I'll see if I know anybody who has any suggestions of a lawyer in the area for you.
  • dewoods
    dewoods Posts: 148
    Options
    You might try calling the Better Business Bureau in your area and see if they can assist. I used this one time against Best Buy. It got pretty ugly but in the end I was in the right and they almost shut the store down before Best Buy gave in.
  • ashlee954
    Options
    You might try calling the Better Business Bureau in your area and see if they can assist. I used this one time against Best Buy. It got pretty ugly but in the end I was in the right and they almost shut the store down before Best Buy gave in.

Good idea. Also, I was advised to contact Nissan Consumer Affairs. All of which WILL be done if they do not fix this for me! :)
  • ashlee954
    Options
    I live in Dallas as well. I'll see if I know anybody who has any suggestions of a lawyer in the area for you.

Thank you. :smile:
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good idea. Also, I was advised to contact Nissan Consumer Affairs. All of which WILL be done if they do not fix this for me! :)

Yes, if this was an authorized dealer of a major brand, definitely do that. Big companies are NOT happy with their local franchisees pulling stunts. And good luck! You sound a bit more together at the end of this thread, good!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    just wanted to check in.....anything happen yet?