Caution: unknown calories inside

Options
2»

Replies

• simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Remember that according to food packaging rules, the calorie count can be +/- 20% and still be considered "accurate". You may actually be eating 20% more than you think.

One of the things I have done is weigh and measure the higher calorie foods I use in cooking - but I never worry about a splash of this or a bit of that. I'll do a quick add calorie with a best guess if I think it's over 50 calories - other than that...it's close enough for me!
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to cook all my meals instead of eating out/processed food. Sometimes I estimate, sometimes I use those little bakers measuring cups. When in doubt, I underestimate (except for salad stuff, always overestimate that). So far it's been working. I'll eventually get a food scale but either way gotta learn how to portion it out.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I know how it is, but you just have I start :) I also know what you mean about eating food that someone else made. It's something that I'm very anxious about because people really don't know how much their "little bit" of cheese or whatever really was... But I just eat it, say thanks and go for a walk after and hope for the best!