Add people who comment on this thread, make MFP friends!!

Options

Replies

• hope0040
    Options
    I'm 27/F and live in Ottawa, Canada. I'm 5'3 and my highest weight was 192lbs, but I started MFP at 184.6lbs. I'm currently down 7.9lbs. Please feel free to add me, anybody!
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Rachel, 23 years old, and I'm from Missouri. My goals are to develop good eating habits, and make exercise part of my routine. I've been working the night shift as a nurse for the past 6 months and have gained a bit of weight since then that I would like to lose. :) looking forward to encouraging others and helping each other work towards our goals!
  • katelynann42
    katelynann42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Whats up MFP Forums!

I'm Katelyn, 28 years old, 5'7" and happy to say now 248 lbs (only happy cause thats down from my all time highest of 298). It's took me years of on and off diet and exercise to get where I am now, but I'm feeling the most focused and ready I've ever been to start living a lifestyle instead of crash dieting.

This time I'm 30lbs down, and have 50lbs to go before my wedding next May! Having friends is nice, so I'm posting on here. Would be awesome to talk to people who are in the same range as I am. Yay! :heart:
  • indiekicks
    indiekicks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, 23 from Maryland. :)

Never made a very serious long-term attempt at weight loss but now that I:

a) am diabetic

b) have pcos

c) am getting dangerously close to 300 lbs, something I always told myself would NEVER happen to me....

Something's got to give. Feel free to add me and talk to me any time. I don't have a great support system in real life so I would like to get that here! :smile:
  • anelbez
    anelbez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Anel and I'm from South Africa.
    Never been the smallest kid but was quite active in high school. After school at university I lived of fast food and late nights. Made some life changes about 5 weeks ago and lost 6kg so far (13 pounds). I would like to lose 14kg more (30 pounds), then I will see how much more I want to lose to be happy. Taking it one day at a time. Not punishing myself but always trying to make the healthier choice. Still struggling with an exercise routine but trying to do weights a couple of times a week.
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Archana, from India, currently living in UAE. I have 38 pounds so far and have about 88 lbs to go.

I try to work out 5 days a week and eat clean. Would love more friends for motivation, inspiration and accountability. I have some fantastic friends from all over the world in MFP. If not for them, I'll still be wallowing in morbidly obese despair!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm Jess, I'm 23, 5ft6 and I'm struggling to lose the last 10lbs and to have better eating habits!

I'm from Nottingham, but currently living in London.
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Amelia. I'm 38. I haven't really struggled with my weight because I just didn't care tbh.... and now I have agreed to drop 4 dress sizes (about 20kgs) by april next year, I will admit I am struggling. The mindset of happily being a glutton is a difficult concept to undo. I love food. I love alot of food. However since joining mfp and the gym, I now also appreciate accountability and cheering squads so feel free to add me and enjoy your day!
  • emmabanks87
    emmabanks87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Im Emma, im 27 and just moved to a new area. so determined to get fit and toned. love talking to others about my fitness goals and experience. see myself as a friendly and supportive person. I have always struggled with my weight ever since I was 13 stone 10 years ago, so here I am. gotta get there.....one day at a time....one step closer :)
  • emackitchen
    emackitchen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I'm a college student looking to just lose a few pounds, tone up, and live altogether healthier!
    Shoot me a friend request if you'd like! :)
  • hungrycaterpillar0710
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 33 from australia and I'm trying to lose 23kg. I would love some more friends! Please feel free to add me :)
  • annanaidoo
    annanaidoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I'm 27 and from New Zealand. I've come back to MFP because I'm tired of always sabotaging myself after I've lost some weight. I'm ready to leave that negativity behind me and start this journey. I'm getting married next year and it's not just about fitting in the dress but about starting a life with someone and feeling good about myself now as well as being able to feel good in the future.
    :)
    I want to lose that last 10 kg! Let's do it together!
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hi im allison and i'm aiming for 80-100 pounds (we will see)
  • natasha2106
    natasha2106 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Natasha. Been struggling with my weight for many years. I'm 34 and living in Adelaide, South Australia. Now desperate to get rid of this weight.
    Looking for people who are on the same track as me and to support each other.

Thanks
    Tasha
    x
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm Steph from Canada. I started working nights and it messed up my flow. I ended up gaining a ton of weight over the last couple of years. So now I'm looking to lose about 80lbs. I try to log every day as well as post status updates. I work out and lift weights, and I took my first kickboxing class last week.
    I don't think of this as a diet, more like a lifestyle choice. I still eat all the foods I love, but at a deficit and watch my macros closely.
    I'm looking for friends for mutual encouragement and to help keep each other on track. Yay!
  • Makhai_
    Makhai_ Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Why not! 7-12 pounds to go. Then on to start a very slow bulk.
  • Natashalou15
    Natashalou15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm Natasha, 28 from England! I have a six year old son and have been trying to lose weight since giving birth in 2008!

From 2010 - 2011 I lost most of the weight but over the past few months the pounds are creeping back on and so I have re-joined MFP to get back to my goal weight and maintain it :smile:

Hoping to make lots of friends to share this rollercoaster with!!
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Woo! *comments* :P
    I'm Krissy, I have lost 80lbs so far and hope to lose another 59lbs at least, it honestly depends how I am when I get there because I've never been that me all, not even in my teens!
    My next goal is to lose another 4lbs getting myself to 195lbs and having a total of 6 stone lost :)

I live in England and split my time between my home in Bedfordshire and my mothers in Manchester helping care for her.

It's my goal to start joining exercise classes as well as gyms in both areas so I have no excuses! I would love to meet people local to either area who would like to accompany me too :)

Your DP is so inspiring Krissy. Amazing job! Im on a bit of a flunk the past week and trying to figure out why... Posts like yours inspire me to keep going!
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Anna. I slowly gained weight over a couple of years and am looking to lose 30 pounds. I live in Yukon, Canada. and everybody is welcome to add me. The more support the better for everybody!
  • JT_Taylor99
    Options
    Hi...I'm JT from Texas. I lost 75, gained back 15 and now looking to drop the 15 I gained back plus and additional 10.