New year's Alcohol

Options
2»

Replies

• msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I don't know what Crown is? Is it an American thing? It's been mentioned quite a lot but I have never seen it......

Its Crown Royal ... Purple Bag
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I say - It's one night, and alcohol is alcohol - there are no healthy choices. Enjoy it for the night and make sure you get a good workout in during the day.

I agree!
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    I say - It's one night, and alcohol is alcohol - there are no healthy choices. Enjoy it for the night and make sure you get a good workout in during the day.

I agree!

double agree! i dont want to be the only one without any bubbly at midnight (esp since we have my fave kind this year!). and there is no way i'm denying myself a millionaire's coffee (it has about four liquors in it XD) from our new years restaurant. specially since its closing for good on the 2nd T^T woe!
  • Foxyroxy14
    Options
    Crown and Diet Coke with a lime wedge has always been my favorite! Not sure how many calories are in it though.

CROWN ROYAL HAS ABOUT 65 CALORIES PER OUNCE BUT WHO JUST PUTS AN OUNCE IN PER DRINK.... NOT ME!
  • stampede55
    Options
    Crown and Diet Coke with a lime wedge has always been my favorite! Not sure how many calories are in it though.

CROWN ROYAL HAS ABOUT 65 CALORIES PER OUNCE BUT WHO JUST PUTS AN OUNCE IN PER DRINK.... NOT ME!

The key to drinking successfully is to get a flask and measure out your alcohol. Get a 1oz shot glass and fill the flask up with as much as you can handle. Take the flask to the bar and order your diet coke or whatever and slip off to a dark corner or the bathroom and BOOM! 6 shots is pretty hefty and thats only about 414 calories, so if you did your exercise for the day you should be fine. I'm probably going to try and put down double that because I typically wake up on new years day not remembering much of the night....thats why I always bring a video camera and an eyepatch. The video camera is for documentation purposes...the eyepatch is for my entertainment. Happy New Years!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    In one glass of champagne there is only 95 calories and 1.5g of carbs...a good choice!!

Vodka/club soda with a little lime is about 80 calories and 1g of carbs...that is my usual drink, but for NYE I will splurge with champagne.