Want to wear jeans in 2 months(before my planned holiday)

Options
So its been 2 years since I have worn a pair of jeans.I feel weird in jeans mentally and physically.I have been wearing track pants,leggings and normal pants only clubbed with long tops,tunics,kurti's.I have a holiday planned in 2 months and I want to wear jeans so desperately!I have just started with the weight loss process.I swim 45-60 minutes 6 days a week(around 40-50 laps of a 25m pool everyday),I do the best i can and try increasing 2 laps per day.Is that enough to lose enough weight to get into jeans again?(I am 5ft 4 inches and 85 kgs/187 lbs).Anything else i should add?(i have flat feet).I maintain my caloric count as such and try eating before 7pm on most days.Oh and also will swimming make me muscular and all coz the people in the pool who swim competitively are all muscular and i want a more lean body.Any suggestions,reivews, comments are welcome.I am new here so feel free to add me

Replies

• z_bra
    z_bra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How many calories do u eat every day
  • olivelilly
    olivelilly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    a) If calories IN are more than calories OUT, youre not going to lose weight. Eat a high protein, complex carb, and healthy fat diet.
    Healthy fats include OMega 3 sources such as avocados, olives, not saturated meat fats such as bacon fat.

b) you will NOT get muscular from swimming. swimming is a lean sport, and is by FAR the best at burning calories. dont worry about becoming muscular.

c) muscles arent all bad. muscle burns FAT at rest. you can just be sitting there burning calories. (awesome!?) so some light weight training wouldnt hurt. it would actually probably improve your swimming and make you a better swimmer (if you simply MUST swim.)

Dont complicate it. figure out what your TDEE (total daily energy expendature) is, minus 500 calories from that and make that your daily calorie goal. if you burn calories exercising, you should replace those.
  • RiyaGomes
    Options
    I eat 1400 calories in total(1200 + 200 calories burned). I actually enjoy swimming coz i hate getting all sweaty :bigsmile: I just want to wear a pair of jeans and be comfortable:blushing: . I eat healthy food as such. My daily diet consists of 1 or 2 fruits,vegetables,sprouts,lentils (1/2 cup),yogurt(1/2 up)whole wheat bread/chapati-2 slices and milk at times + flax seeds and 6 almonds and its pretty fixed. I plan to start running with C25K also in a day.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    You have not provided enough information to determine if you can wear your jeans. How many pounds will that take? Moderate calorie deficit should result in a .5 to 2 pound per week loss. If that times the number of weeks you have until you want to wear said jeans equals how much it will take for fit into them, well then, sure.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no idea. What size jeans? You could buy a pair to fit you today if you wanted. I think you need to say I'm size XX now and I'd like to wear size XX jeans in 2 months. You could probably expect to lose around 2kg to 3kg a month. So is, say, 5kg enough for you to fit into the size jeans you want?

There is no quick fix. I like to think of it this way. I didn't get fat overnight, I'm certainly not going to wake up tomorrow morning and look like Elle McPherson. It's going to take some time and effort.
  • RiyaGomes
    Options
    I do have jeans that fit.Its just that i feel too bulgy n awkward..
    My waist measures 38 inches
    Hips and butt-44''
    thighs-25'' each
    How much can i lose approx?
    I guess ill add some crunches coz i have a huge stomach!
    anything else that will help get inches off my body?
  • z_bra
    z_bra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Weigh your food you are probably eating more than you think. Crunches won't help u lose stomach fat
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    How much can i lose approx?
    I guess ill add some crunches coz i have a huge stomach!
    anything else that will help get inches off my body?

As I said, 5kg in 2 months is realistic.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Your asking a question that's almost impossible to answer accurately.
    How old are you?