Write down your goals!

FitnessTim
FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS! I very rarely use all caps but I can't stress enough how important it is to write down your goals. If you want to lose 50 pounds by next year, write it down. When you've done that write down what it means to accomplish your goals. How will you benefit?

The act of writing down your goals is more important than any other goal setting technique. If you do one thing related to goal setting, writing down your goals should be that one thing.

It would be great if you reviewed your goals on a regular basis but even if you take the paper or electronic document and toss it away, it is still effective.

Is it any wonder that the core element of MFP is the act of setting goals? Is it any wonder that there is such a focus on moving towards your goals in MFP. Making mistakes and failing is insignificant when you keep your focus on the goal.

I have set goals that did not materialize for over a year or more but yet I would not have accomplished them if I had not written down my goals.

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    I have a desk top sticky note program that has my new year's decisions (not resolutions because I WILL incorporate them into my lifestyle rather than abandon them by February) listed so that I can look at them constantly and keep my goals in mind. I also have a small photo collage of pictures of marathons I want to run, yoga poses, and toned abs to keep me focused. Writing down and visualizing your goals IS the best way to achieve them!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Thanks for posting this. I have been considering setting goals other than my final weight but I have been aprehensive since my main goal to to get pregnant and have a health pregnancy. Pounds lost by a certain date goals are heard to make if you get pregnant. OI like teh idea of having yoga pose goals. I also want to do a 5K with my stepson. I can always walk it if i'm pregnant.

thanks for the motovation :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Great post! My main goal for 2011 involves running longer distances - so I signed up for a 10k and found a 1/2 marathon for later in the year. I then WROTE my training schedule on a calendar that I printed out for now through May. It's very helpful to have that physical, written reminder staring me in the face...
This discussion has been closed.