A buddy asked me if I hated stepping on the scales

Options
Well the short answer, Yes the first time. I dreaded it. I hadn't stepped on my bathroom scales in years. I didn't want to know the truth. I couldn't bear it. In fact my belly was so big I had to be a contortionist to do so. However I did. It wasn't pretty. I knew I hadn't been eating raw oats, wheat germ, and tree roots. What I had been eating was Tacos, Pizza, burger biggies, and 10 plates of whatever I prepared. After passing the cpa exam in September I ate a whole large Pizza in celebration. Oh I was miserable.

My friend suffers from weight issues as well. I find it almost ironic that he is the reason I found MFP. After gorging myself at mom's one Sunday I called him and told him how miserable I was. I was at the point of disgust with myself. He recommended a phone ap for calorie counting. I couldn't find the recommended ap but I did find MFP.

I don't mind getting on the scales these days. It's a game to me. I plead male and accountant. I can't wait to get up in the morning to weigh myself and then log into my diary. Bumps in weight don't bother me. In fact I find it fascinating to a point. I keep very detailed data on my weight, calories burned, 5 week predictor, calories consumed, and BMI. I run charts and keep my weight posted on the fridge. It does dominate my thinking as any problem does that I face until I solve it.

I have a very long ways to go and I don't mind. I don't mind because I'm moving forward. I don't mind because I am problem solving.

That's what we are doing here folks, we are problem solving. Maybe better yet, for once learning how to live. That feels good.

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Awesome post! I too was eating my little heart out and finally had enough. I looked on some app's and came across MFP and loved it right away. Since then i have been commited to myself and this site.

Congrats to you on what you have already lost! You inspire me and motivate me to keep pushing and going :drinker:
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Problem solving, I like that :)
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Soze, It's like you're in my head! Have I told you lately that you are my hero? :happy:

And sugar IS a gateway drug :laugh:
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    you are such an accountant, thinking in number sLOL! great post, I like the way you calculate it!
  • MISTTIMI
    Options
    Yeah, "Problem solving" "Getting a grip" "Nailing it" It's all good, and yes it does feel Great to be in control! Great Post! :smile: