Insecuritys*spelling lol

2»

Replies

• OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Thanks Charlie:blushing:
    @sarafleas......and it seems that all that gunk would melt in all the bright lights...........
    However....I have never really been jealous of the USA pageant type girls......but Runway Models and high fashion models.......make me feel revolted with myself......

I hear you. My opinion, you have nothing to be revolted by at all. You are a lovely Faerie. I get jealous of their mile long legs. sigh. long legs I will never have.
  • feel free to kck me out of this conversation anytime, I feel like I am tresspassing. But.....okay here is a little insight. A guy, and this goes for 90%, who goes into a strip club filled with beautiful women, will after 5 minutes not even realize the women are there anymore. We might go WOW at a pretty girl, but after a minute or 2, the newness wears off and we are like ....meh.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    really? do you want to be that high maintenance? find out if she's smart...or if she's getting through life on her looks. If she's uber intelligent then go with that so you can have conversations with her...it might turn out that being hot isn't all that great...but if she's dumber then hell, you get to have an advantage! an unfair one even, because you're smart, and that holds out longer and gets you farther than looks. Your boyfriend's best friend is looking for a hoe not a housewife, but you can be a lady on the streets and a freak in the sheets:blushing: I can't stand any of my friend's girlfriends...they all seem to be attracting the psychos
  • really? do you want to be that high maintenance? find out if she's smart...or if she's getting through life on her looks. If she's uber intelligent then go with that so you can have conversations with her...it might turn out that being hot isn't all that great...but if she's dumber then hell, you get to have an advantage! an unfair one even, because you're smart, and that holds out longer and gets you farther than looks. Your boyfriend's best friend is looking for a hoe not a housewife, but you can be a lady on the streets and a freak in the sheets:blushing: I can't stand any of my friend's girlfriends...they all seem to be attracting the psychos

Now, you do not know if she is a hoe. All you know is she is pretty. I agree with the rest though. :drinker:
  • lilRicki
    it's a quote from a song, meaning her boyfriend's friend isn't ready to find baby's momma just yet...
  • lilRicki
    Be confident. If a pretty face can steal your mate away, then that mate was not a keeper. Jealousy/insecurity is such a waste of time.

here here
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    I think that having insecurities on any level is completely normal. And the more unhappy we become with our bodies, the more that ugly side of jealousy and insecurity rears itself. And we all know it...those times we create situations that aren't really there, convince ourselves our boyfriend couldn't love us or be attracted to us because "look at this stomach!", but we have to remember: Those are OUR insecurities....not the truth.

I think it's important to remember that while you're working on losing weight and exercising, to also focus on your total well being, including your self image. If we would all work as hard on getting our self image and self worth up like we do getting our waist smaller, we'd be able to look at another female and think "good for her, she's beautiful" and nothing more! And our relationships and sanity would be all the better for it!
  • OGFleabag
    I think that having insecurities on any level is completely normal. And the more unhappy we become with our bodies, the more that ugly side of jealousy and insecurity rears itself. And we all know it...those times we create situations that aren't really there, convince ourselves our boyfriend couldn't love us or be attracted to us because "look at this stomach!", but we have to remember: Those are OUR insecurities....not the truth.

I think it's important to remember that while you're working on losing weight and exercising, to also focus on your total well being, including your self image. If we would all work as hard on getting our self image and self worth up like we do getting our waist smaller, we'd be able to look at another female and think "good for her, she's beautiful" and nothing more! And our relationships and sanity would be all the better for it!

well said! I agree. I have seen friends' insecurities destroy their relationships, and in the end it seems silly.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Thanks everyone. I know I dont have anything to worry about. Its nice to know that all you pretty girls worry about the same things :)
  • Its nice to know someone thinks I'm pretty. Not too keen on the girl aspect, but i'll take it!
  • OGFleabag
    Its nice to know someone thinks I'm pretty. Not too keen on the girl aspect, but i'll take it!

oh but you are lovely Charlie! Don't let anyone tell you any different.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member

Ditto. And ditto about if some "prettier" chick can steal him away, he wasn't yours.

Honestly, I just got over it. So what if she's hot? I felt that way with other guys, but with my bf now, hot chicks don't bother me. I know he loves me for me - any of my jealousy is my problem, not his.

And who gives a flying f if she's a Miss USA contestant? Be confident in who YOU are, not who someone else is. :)
This discussion has been closed.