Any thoughts on breakfast on the go (during the week)?

Options

Replies

• JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I just re-discovered Carnation Instant breakfasts. I mix 1 packet with non fat milk and 1/2 banana with some ice. then Magic bullet baby! Oh, I mix in a packet or two of Starbucks Via too. Gotta get my caffeine fix. I drink this all the way in on my hour commute to work. Keeps me satiated until my mid morning snack.

I haven't had these since I was a kid! I am putting it on my grocery list - it's too bad I gave my Magic Bullet to my neighbor. DOH!:sad:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I need breakfast ideas too. I dont think my bagels are working out for me lol
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    I had this today and it kept me super full until about 11:30.

2 slices of Whole Wheat Fiber flaxseed bread- Trader Joe's is a good place for this

2 tbls of Garlic Hummus (you can have any kind you like, red pepper is good also0

about a cup of whole watercress (you can chop them but I like em whole)

5 cucumber slices

1/2 a small avocado (You can save the other half for lunch)

You make a sandwich out of the above, toast the bread for extra crunchy.

Then as a side, I peel two small mandarine oranges and it adds a perfect sweet flavor to my samich.

I'm not a big fan of doing "breakfast" for breakfast. I like to think outside the box.

=)
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Fiber one muffins! Make them one night, and you have them for a few mornings on the go, since they are fiber one they keep you fuller and they are really yummy :)
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    english muffin or vitatop toasted with peanut butter or cream cheese is a favorite of mine for a quick on the go meal (I like honey too when I have the extra cals but that gets a bit messy!!)

also hard boiled eggs pack a lot of protein and will keep you full

do you have a microwave at work? if so you can make oatmeal ahead of time, I make mine like this (it makes a lot, you can split it in half and have the rest the next day!):
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats (150 cals)
    1 cup unsweetened almond breeze (40 cals)
    1/4 cup liquid egg whits (30 cals)
    1 container of motts blueberry no sugar applesauce (50 cals)
    dump it all in a saucepan and bring it to a light boil, reduce heat until liquid is fully absorbed. Stir in 1tsp vanilla extract (6 cals) and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (200 cals) and cinnamon to taste. total recipe has 476 calories but I always eat just half so 238 per serving and with 8.5 grams protein and 4 of fiber per serving it should keep you full for awhile (I eat mine at 6:30am and I'm full till about 10)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I use a product called Shakeology, Its a meal replacement/protein shake. Really helps me stay satiated.

Do you purchase this product online or at a store?

It's online and through beachbody coaches/representatives (NO stores) who are not spoken of fondly on MFP since they got a bad rap for trying to sell in the forums – its now a big rule to get banned.

It’s $119 a month which is crazy considering it is basically a multi-vitamin shake (not really protein shake). Stick to protein for 5lb's (70 servings) at $30 you can't go wrong + a multi-vitamin if you aren’t getting enough in your veggies already.

For breakfast I have a chocolate banana protein shake. Its GIANT, like almost an XL McDonad's cup and <250 cals and sooo good! I drink it in the car on the way to work - I am a passanger though so no spilling ;)

Shakeology is NOT basically a multi vitamin shake. It is MUCH, MUCH more than that. How many of you get not only a whole list of vitamins, minerals and protein but also ....wheat grass, oat grass, barley grass, maca powder, sacha inchi, yacon, flax, chia seed, shlorella, spirulina, hydrilla, applce pectin powder, astragalus powser, blue green algae, spinach powder, MSM, pea fiber, quinoa, grape seed extract, green tea, holy basil powder and more, including a whole list of super fruits and probiotics that I just don't feel like typing here into your diet everyday? And at $4 a serving it is truly the healthiest meal of the day. I'm tired of people who don't know what Shakeology really is saying bad things about it. It's not for everyone, but the facts are the facts. This is NOT a simple multi vitamin shake.

I watched the little commercial I know but what you listed above in way too many key stokes I simplified; protein + vitamins, how is that wrong - ps that’s rhetorical.

BEACHBODY COACH I POINT YOU OUT!!!! BAH!! Jokes jokes, you guys get a bad rep so I'm playing on that ;)
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The carnation instant breakfast with the banana in a magic bullet is genius!!!]

Also, where are vitatops/vitamuffins located in the grocery store? Like, what aisle? I looked for them but couldn't find them.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    100 calorie vitatops or vitamuffins are a nice addition. I LOVE these things. We have gone so far as to order them from the site for some of the unique flavors like the pumpkin. :)

I love those too! I live by them for a quick breakfast, or a snack. I do the sugar-free kind, but I will check out their website.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    The carnation instant breakfast with the banana in a magic bullet is genius!!!]

Also, where are vitatops/vitamuffins located in the grocery store? Like, what aisle? I looked for them but couldn't find them.

They've moved around in my local Target. They are in the frozen foods - they used to be by the Amy's and Morningstar Farms, now they're with the regular old frozen breakfast food.

I also like Eggo low fat wheat waffles with Smart Balance crunchy peanut butter, and I will put a mini tub of 1/3 fat cream cheese or the strawberry cream cheese on Thomas bagel thins (which are freaking awesome).
  • cbbecky
    Options
    Sometimes I make a batch of whole grain muffins and then freeze them in individual ziploc bags. You can take one out of the freezer the night before or even in the morning if you aren't going to eat it right away.

Last night I made a veggie frittata for dinner, just loaded with spinach and other veggies, and this morning it was super easy to warm up a slice for a morning snack. It's only 145 calories and lots of protein and vitamins and nutrients from the veggies.
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    I only spend about 5 minutes getting ready in the morning, so I'm really out the door asap. I don't have time to make breakfast. I have to ziplock pack everything the night before so I can just grab and go. I assemble my breakfast together at my desk. :)

One of my recent faves is an English Muffin + a scoop of Hummus + mustard + thin turkey or a cooked egg from the night before. It's about 200 cals and extremely filling. =)
  • kiki1783
    Options
    I like Quaker Oatmeal to Go Oatmeal Squares... they are 210 calories each. U put them in the microwave for 10 seconds and they are soft and warm and yummy! They come in Banana Bread and Brown Sugar Cinnamon...and theres a flavor that is high in fiber. I love these bc they are so easy...and go great with a cup of cofee in the morning :)

2791366.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I use a product called Shakeology, Its a meal replacement/protein shake. Really helps me stay satiated.

It's online and through beachbody coaches/representatives (NO stores) who are not spoken of fondly on MFP since they got a bad rap for trying to sell in the forums – its now a big rule to get banned.

It’s $119 a month which is crazy considering it is basically a multi-vitamin shake (not really protein shake). Stick to protein for 5lb's (70 servings) at $30 you can't go wrong + a multi-vitamin if you aren’t getting enough in your veggies already.

For breakfast I have a chocolate banana protein shake. Its GIANT, like almost an XL McDonad's cup and <250 cals and sooo good! I drink it in the car on the way to work - I am a passanger though so no spilling ;)

Shakeology is NOT basically a multi vitamin shake. It is MUCH, MUCH more than that. How many of you get not only a whole list of vitamins, minerals and protein but also ....wheat grass, oat grass, barley grass, maca powder, sacha inchi, yacon, flax, chia seed, shlorella, spirulina, hydrilla, applce pectin powder, astragalus powser, blue green algae, spinach powder, MSM, pea fiber, quinoa, grape seed extract, green tea, holy basil powder and more, including a whole list of super fruits and probiotics that I just don't feel like typing here into your diet everyday? And at $4 a serving it is truly the healthiest meal of the day. I'm tired of people who don't know what Shakeology really is saying bad things about it. It's not for everyone, but the facts are the facts. This is NOT a simple multi vitamin shake.

I watched the little commercial I know but what you listed above in way too many key stokes I simplified; protein + vitamins, how is that wrong - ps that’s rhetorical.

BEACHBODY COACH I POINT YOU OUT!!!! BAH!! Jokes jokes, you guys get a bad rep so I'm playing on that ;)

Rhetorical or not, your simplification is extremely oversimplified and inaccurate. Any food could be described as simply protein carbs, fat and vitamins. Such simplification does not serve anyone.
  • kewlbuttons
    kewlbuttons Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    All these sugestions are making me hungry. Time for dinner!!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options

I agree- I have seen a lot of users bashing Shakeology on the forums, too. If you do some research on it, you can find it is actually quite beneficial. I, myself, am not a Shakeology user, but I get pretty tired of seeing people talk smack about it.
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    All these sugestions are making me hungry. Time for dinner!!

hahahahhaha!! me too! :)
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Oops- forgot to throw in my breakfast idea! Have you tried Kellogg's Protein Meal bars? I eat them in the afternoons since that is when I am normally the hungriest, but I'm sure they'd be pretty good for breakfast...and satisfying, too. =)

By the way, I am NOT a BeachBody coach!
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    The husband always grabs a banana on the way out the door.
  • kbaily
    Options
    Food Network has some good suggestions. I always go for the greek yogurt ...
    http://blog.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats/2010/09/15/8-healthiest-breakfast-items/?nl=EATS_122910_P1_BFast
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options

I agree- I have seen a lot of users bashing Shakeology on the forums, too. If you do some research on it, you can find it is actually quite beneficial. I, myself, am not a Shakeology user, but I get pretty tired of seeing people talk smack about it.

Thank you Neelia.