went jogging today

Options
peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
So yesterday was a bike ride and today I went for a jog.....well I walked some too. I'm just getting bored with my everyday routine and am looking to switch it up some. Both days I only lasted 10 minutes or so, how long will it take to build up my endurance? I just feel like I'm not out there long enough to get any results, and those 10 minutes I am honestly pushing myself! I'm not too worried cause I know I will build on that time the more I do it. But when I'm replacing the 30-60 minutes I normally do of cardio, I feel like I'm taking a step backward. I'm determined so I know I'll get there.

Replies

• peej76
    Options
    So yesterday was a bike ride and today I went for a jog.....well I walked some too. I'm just getting bored with my everyday routine and am looking to switch it up some. Both days I only lasted 10 minutes or so, how long will it take to build up my endurance? I just feel like I'm not out there long enough to get any results, and those 10 minutes I am honestly pushing myself! I'm not too worried cause I know I will build on that time the more I do it. But when I'm replacing the 30-60 minutes I normally do of cardio, I feel like I'm taking a step backward. I'm determined so I know I'll get there.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

what is your limiting factor? Is it your wind or your muscle strength? There are slightly different methods for building each.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome!
    I know with jogging, you can build up every week. Try adding 30 seconds to 1 minute to your run every week. Before you know it, you'll be jogging for 20 minutes straight!

You are doing great!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    Options

what is your limiting factor? Is it your wind or your muscle strength? There are slightly different methods for building each.
    My wind definitley! I would pick a sign or something on the road as my goal, jog that far, then go even further, muscles weren't really giving me any problem, my throat just started burning and got really winded. I quit smoking 10 weeks ago, so I really don't think that would factor into it. I have never really researched running, it's just something I woke up this morning telling myself today is the day I'm gonna try to jog!