Oh my Paleo!

Options
2»

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Haha... all funny comments yes :smile:
    But if you haven't actually tried it, your opinions are of no real consequence here.
    The scale doesn't lie.
    Obviously if you eat too much of anything you're going to gain wait. The bottom line is one automatically eats less because it takes much less to fill you up. I know that my breakfast is around 300 calories and quite honestly I don't even think about food, or feel hungry until around 1:00 or so... I don't need a snack because a website tells me I should have a snack and I don't have to think about timing of my meals. I simply eat when I feel hungry and stop when I feel full. It doesn't get any easier. I used to eat greek yogurt a lot, it was my go too for a snack, breakfast, etc. I researched and bought the real good stuff... Sky Icelandic. Yup, really expensive but the highest protein and lowest sugar on the market. Anyway, since giving up dairy a few things have changed... no bloating, no hunger for that morning snack, basically an overall better feeling in my stomach. No, I am not intolerant to any certain kind of food or dairy. That's just one small example. I would challenge anyone who is skeptical to give it a try, just for a week. Experience it personally and then form an opinion.

I imagine a life span of 33 healthy years is better than a life span of 60 years when the last 30 are spent battling cancer or some other disease caused by too much of a good thing. Plus we're not running around trying not to get eaten by dinosaurs LOL
    If I ate when I was hungry, I'd regain all the weight I lost. Intuitive eating is BS for MANY people. Even on paleo restrictions, I'd simply binge on high fat meats and fruits. I could easily eat 5000 calories worth of bananas and bacon in a day if you said eat until you are full.

If stopping dairy caused you to bloat less then you probably had some kind of lactose intolerance. How can you say you don't? You eat dairy, you bloat, you stop dairy, you stop bloating. Sounds like an intolerance to me. Why do you assume that the rest of us not eating paleo will die of cancer at 60? Do you have evidence that eating processed foods in moderation while maintaining a healthy weight for height increases risks of cancer death by age 60? You are also aware that dinosaurs were dead for millions of years before paleolithic man roamed the earth right?
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Real veggies? What's a fake veggie?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    If you're losing by the minute then you need to see a doctor. Seriously, I think its great you're all excited about this but come back after you've done it for a year instead of three days. You're still in the honeymoon phase.

I'll keep eating in moderation and losing. That's what makes me happy.

You do what makes you happy.