NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I would never jump on the neti pot bandwagon. Doesn't seem safe, comfortable, or even useful. I don't really agree with nasal sprays either though.
  • gardengurl62
    gardengurl62 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sending you some mental chicken soup! Hope you feel better soon!
  • release_the_kraken
    Options
    This is how the Fates punish Cowboy fans...'nuff said.

=)
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am just getting over a cold with nasty sinus symptoms. I'm super sensitive to Mucinex (makes me dizzy), but I found that Alka Seltzer Cold, Cough and SEVERE Mucus worked wonders. If you're super snotty...make sure to get the one for severe mucus, though--the lesser ones didn't help me much.

Feel better!!!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    This is how the Fates punish Cowboy fans...'nuff said.

=)

Oh don't worry. Romo is punishing us quite enough thankyouverymuch!:grumble:
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    My brother just texted me and told me to make a hot toddy....whatever that is..off to google it now!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    You probably need to go see the witch doctor.

"ooo ee oo ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang"

My sister is going to be a witch doctor.

Or an acupuncturist.

Or witch doctor.

If you're willing, acupuncture does help.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Go get some antibiotics and allegra D.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Hot Toddy

Rating: 5

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: Approximately 2 cups (16 ounces)

Hot Toddy

Ingredients
    1 3/4 cups boiling water
    1/4 cup bourbon, whiskey or rum
    Juice from 1/2 lemon (approximately 1/8 cup)
    2 tea bags
    1/4 cup honey
    Optional: Cinnamon sticks & lemon wedges studded with cloves for garnish

Instructions
    1.Place tea bags in boiling water, remove from heat & cover to steep for approximately 10 minutes.
    2.Pour honey in bottom of cup. Pour hot tea over honey & stir to combine. Add lemon juice & liquor. Makes approximately 2 cups.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    When my 3 year old is hyper and I need some downtime, I put peanut butter inside of one of her toys. She goes nuts for it (get it, peanuts?) and it gives me some much needed time to myself.

Did I mention my 3 year old is a dog?
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    i FEEL YOUR PAIN!! I have a zombie run on saturday and my head feels like it weighs 500 lbs right now... >_<
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    For sure a neti pot, but make sure you use bottled water, you don't want anything eating your brain, you're doing a mud run not a zombie run.

:laugh:
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

That's usually how nights with my girlfriend end...

tumblr_mhpklmhetn1qhcmreo1_500-gif.53961
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I personally would go with a combination of sudafed and neti pot. the Sudafed will clear you up, the neti pot will help get the infection out.

Also green tea with lemon and honey.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My brother just texted me and told me to make a hot toddy....whatever that is..off to google it now!

Heat up honey and lemon add Jack Daniels or Bourbon. Drink it quickly. Go to bed.

I would wait on the Neti Pot until after vacation...I have tried using it twice (boiled the water) and ended up with hte nasiest eye infections I have ever had. NP can be great for some people but it also triggers pretty horrible reactions in some.
  • kathiehughes
    kathiehughes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I find that mega doses of chewable vitamin C helps drain my sinuses when I have a sinus infection, along with the antibiotics.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Oh, gawd, I HATE that ice-pick thru the sinuses sensation. I used to be a sinusitis poster child.

1. Yes, get the antibiotics if you are sure this is a sinus infection. If the doctor balks because recent recommendations are to sometimes let it run its course, tell him about your upcoming cruise and if that doesn't work, grab him by the shoulders and shake him. No, ignore that last part but it does make sense for anyone who's had a sinus infection.

2. In addition to whatever over the counter stuff you try for symptom relief, start making tea with slices of fresh or candied ginger in it. A Chinese friend taught me this and it really does make your head feel better.

3. Plant your 4-year-old in front of a video or ask them to paint you a picture while you lie on the sofa with a cold washcloth across your eyes.

Best wishes to you. Oh, how I hate sinus infections!!!!!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Hot Toddy

Rating: 5

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: Approximately 2 cups (16 ounces)

Hot Toddy

Ingredients
    1 3/4 cups boiling water
    1/4 cup bourbon, whiskey or rum
    Juice from 1/2 lemon (approximately 1/8 cup)
    2 tea bags
    1/4 cup honey
    Optional: Cinnamon sticks & lemon wedges studded with cloves for garnish

Instructions
    1.Place tea bags in boiling water, remove from heat & cover to steep for approximately 10 minutes.
    2.Pour honey in bottom of cup. Pour hot tea over honey & stir to combine. Add lemon juice & liquor. Makes approximately 2 cups.

I would totally try that, except I would probably skip the water, lemon, honey, tea and cinnamon just to be safe.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I was gonna suggest booze, but your brother beat me to it.