Sick & working out

Options
Ok, so last week I was in bed for nearly 4 days sick, don't think it was the flu (I had a flu shot) but I had a fever for 2 days and was throwing up, it was the sickest I've been in a long time.. I felt better 2 days before Christmas but 2 nights ago I started to feel stuffy and tired. I stayed up all night last night and the night before blowing my nose and today I woke up still stuffy with a slight fever and throwing up, I don't feel as bad as I did the first time but I'm stuck in bed again. What gives???? I pushed it and went to the gym yesterday and did 60 min of very light cardio but today I'm just not up to it. Why is this lasting so long????????????

Replies

• kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The "I'll sweat it out" theory is not a good one. If you are sick do not workout, your body needs all its strength to recover from whatever ails it, I have learned this from experience. Get well soon!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I find that if I work out when i'm sick, it takes me a lot longer to get better. I'd take it easy for a few days and see what happens.
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    id say give your body a rest. it needs to heal and over working it right now isnt the best idea. try to eat a nutrient rich diet to bring u back up to speed and resume exercise after it's passed
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great thanks everyone.. i'm going to rest today