Corset diet?

has anyone heard of - or done - the corset diet? I just came across that today, and it looks rather, ummm, interesting.

Replies

• Corsets are rather uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine lifting or running in one.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    I had to google it.......hilarious!! The website says you don't have to eat less, but then it says you wear a corset so that you feel full and eat less. Sounds legit.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    I'm sure it will make the ladies swoon
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Think of the corset like an external, removable lap band. A properly adjusted corset squishes the hell out of your insides - that's why with enough wear, you actually can change your organs' placement and body shape. Look up corset training.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 770 Member
    Yeah, people do all kinds of stupid--I mean "interesting"--stuff.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/06/13/human-jessica-rabbit-penny-brown_n_5491942.html
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    I have worn corsets, but not for reasons related to dieting. :love:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Um....
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    I have never heard of this as an actual "official" thing.

I wear corsets for my man. He loves them :blushing: But I have noticed that I eat less when I'm wearing one when we go out to dinner. So when I know we are going out to a calorific dinner or a party with lots of nibbles I will wear my waist cincher and it helps me recognize when I'm full and not eat anymore. I don't do it all the time and I don't tighten it to the max, but it helps.

I know "everything in moderation" and I know "one bad day won't ruin everything" but its a useful tool.

So for me its a double win, happy boyfriend, happy me:flowerforyou:
  • Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    today was the first time I've heard of it. I can see where it would help you eat less, especially when going out or when you know there will be lots of food that you want! however, I can't stand tight! my spandex shorts are about all I can stand! we'll see if this becomes a legit thing! thanks for the comments!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    today was the first time I've heard of it. I can see where it would help you eat less, especially when going out or when you know there will be lots of food that you want! however, I can't stand tight! my spandex shorts are about all I can stand! we'll see if this becomes a legit thing! thanks for the comments!

I really hope it doesn't become a legit thing.

Corsets for dress up? Yay. Corsets for dieting? NO.
  • Josalinn
    Yeah, people do all kinds of stupid--I mean "interesting"--stuff.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/06/13/human-jessica-rabbit-penny-brown_n_5491942.html

You know I had to look...she is rather disproportionate...

Corsets that are worn so tight that they squish organs and break ribs are unnecessary and unhealthy and Thank God we don't live in the Victorian era anymore.
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    yeahhhhhh no. save em to look sexy dont go around lifting in them xD
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member

^^ this :smile:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I always wear my corset, though it is sadly 20" now.

Mammy says I can't get back to 18.5" again, but I just won't get old and fat before my time. I just won't have any more babies!

If I could just find my slippers with their new ribbons.

I'm going to be late to see Melanie.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Does it work for men too?

man-corset.jpg
  • Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    stoshew - gives you that nice hour glass shape! :bigsmile:
  • Josalinn
    Does it work for men too?

Technically yes. There are training corsets for men.

I think the gent in the picture however should have gone with red leather though instead of pink lace, from a fashion perspective.

As a side note, CorsetStory.com has an amazing selection of corsets, for you know...things.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    I do like wearing corsets, and I did notice wearing one I didn't eat as much. However, as another poster said, it's much like wearing an external removable lap band. If you ever went without the corest, you would go back to much of the same diet. I do like the idea of wearing one when going out for a heavy meal. That sounds like a plan. Then again, we are talking about wearing a corset once a month or so for 4-5 hours rather than every day.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    Do you eat corsets on this diet?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member

pics or it didn't happen