Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercising with knee injuries

Yesterday was leg day. I was in the zone, and having a glorious time. Halfway through, when I got up to take a rest, I managed to slam my knee with all my weight into the edge of a machine. (I'm just that clumsy.) I am now popping ibuprofen on a pretty regular basis and icing my swollen knee.

I know I need to take it easy, so I am looking for ways to stay active for the next week until it heals up. After plenty of internet searches, I’ve figured out a few that should work: walking on an incline, med ball slams and upper body free weights.

I’m hoping to find a few others that I could try without damaging my knee further: any suggestions?

(I saw a few threads about this, but most of them seemed to suggest swimming, and the nearest body of water I have access to is the Potomac... which would likely cause additional health problems).

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Just bumping because I have a tender knee from runner's knee and I'm trying low impact right now ie eliptical, spinning (which is driving me crazy). Interested to see what others have to say.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Let it heal. Not worth injuring it out of pride because you can't workout.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Yup, because if you do that, you end up like me. Still rehabbing an injury that occurred in April.

Call it rest time and deal. If you really need to get your burn on, and bros know when they get their burn on.

Do pushups with the bum leg held in the air. Do pull ups, do dips. Until you can't stands them no mo!
  • burtonvdp
    burtonvdp Posts: 19 Member
    Let it heal (Work upper body only) or go to the doctor and get some physical therapy and have them work with you on it. Take it from someone who has bad knees ( 2 surgerys).... Dont exacerbate the wound its not worth the long term affects.
  • hangaten
    hangaten Posts: 14 Member
    Swim swim swim