kinect adventure

adonaghe
adonaghe Posts: 9
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I just got through playing Kenect Adventure with my boys for about an hour. Sweat was dripping down my face. How should I log this. It was so much fun too. Just sayin I could do that everyday :happy:

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Kind of a dum-dum here. What exactly were you doing?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    general aerobics, low impact. It's what I log my biggest loser wii game under (it's more effective if you have a heart rate monitor, but better to underestimate than overestimate, I think!)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    ooo I can't wait...we set ours up tonight...I have a HRM though so it will be easy to log
  • ZacFields
    ZacFields Posts: 62 Member
    Yes invest in an HRM to get the most accuracy out of Kinect gameplay.

I saw a youtube video of a guy who played Kinect Sports for about 20 minutes. He did one round of boxing and some track and field stuff. Now, when he was doing the track and field stuff, he was going pretty hardcore but we're also talking about 30-second bursts also. But after 20 minutes of that, he had burned 120 calories. So if he were to keep it up for an hour, he'd have burned 480 calories in one hour. (he used a product similar to bodybugg to track calories... so very accurate).

Again, he was going a little more hardcore than I do. But I would say anybody playing just about any Kinect game should burn at least 200+ calories in an hour if you want to be conservative until you can get a HRM.

I played Kinect Sports Boxing the other day for about an hour with 5lb weights attached to each hand. I was completely bushed when this was over... I have no idea how many calories I burned but I can't imagine it being any less than 350-400 comparing how fatigued I get with other exercises that burn that many calories.
This discussion has been closed.