Please finish one or all of these sentenses

Options
jbrownnolan
jbrownnolan Posts: 72 Member
My daughter is doing a Social Media project and input is needed! Please finish one or all of the following sentences:

Social Media's are good for.....because.....
Social Media's are bad for.....because.....
Social Media's are awesome because.....
Social Media's need to take a step back because.....

Long or short answers (or any answer at all) will be hugely appreciated, you can answers these questions or just make a general comment regarding Social Media's.

Thank You :D

Replies

• jbrownnolan
    jbrownnolan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Let's get those comments rolling :D
  • ainarsraciks
    ainarsraciks Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    ... business ... helps to promote it.

... social life ... you go out less and stop communicating with people in real life less. Your people skills does not develop or start to deteriorate if you spend too much time online. Many people do not menage to find a good balance.

... of funny cat gifs.

... Google+ is a very good one and it needs less competition to get more popular.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I'll play.

Good for devotees of less popular hobbies, because they allow for convenient sharing of ideas.

Bad for teenagers, because they can exacerbate social uneasiness.

Awesome because information can be spread easily.

Step back because they are becoming intrusive.

----
    I wouldn't normally comment on grammar, though I am a grammar Nazi at heart. But because this is apparently a school project I'll add this as I don't want to see your daughter lose points: :flowerforyou:

"Media" is already a plural term. "Medium" is the singular term. "Media's" is a possessive, meaning "belonging to Media". The proper phrasing is "Social media are good for..."
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'll play.

Good for devotees of less popular hobbies, because they allow for convenient sharing of ideas.

Bad for teenagers, because they can exacerbate social uneasiness.

Awesome because information can be spread easily.

Step back because they are becoming intrusive.

----
    I wouldn't normally comment on grammar, though I am a grammar Nazi at heart. But because this is apparently a school project I'll add this as I don't want to see your daughter lose points: :flowerforyou:

"Media" is already a plural term. "Medium" is the singular term. "Media's" is a possessive, meaning "belonging to Media". The proper phrasing is "Social media are good for..."

I agree with those grammar comments entirely. However, I also think "social media" could be used on its own as the description of a broad category.

Now to answer some of the questions...

Social Media is good for helping friends and family members connect on a regular basis because it is conveniently accessed and works instantly, at the press of a button.

Social Media can work negatively when users are upset or angry because it is easy to press a button and hit "send" with an angry comment that is instantly shared with a huge audience.

Social Media needs to take a step back because a lot of consumers are so overwhelmed by the massive amount of information, especially from advertisers, that some users are deleting their social media accounts.