Do the comments ever stop?

Options
2»

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I'm genuinely curious: why does it bother you?

A) Because I'm in a really bad mood today so it rubbed me wrong. That's just me being honest.
    B) Because it really does bother me sometimes that people seem to think that my body is ok to comment on now, when they never would have dared do so when I was overweight.

So tell them it pisses you off. What are they going to say back to someone standing up for themselves?
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I don't get them as often but I still get them.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Jealousy .. :flowerforyou:
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    eat tons . gain weight. show them how much you eat!
  • djbarriger
    djbarriger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    B) Because it really does bother me sometimes that people seem to think that my body is ok to comment on now, when they never would have dared do so when I was overweight.
    [/quote]

You're lucky they didn't have anything to say when you were over-wieght. I've had my own family tell me to stop eating (entirely) because I am fat. My grandma said she didn't like me because I am fat. My college served hot meals, and the server told me that she is giving me less to "help me out." When I was trying on wedding dresses, I left David's Bridal after one of the associates told me that the style I picked out didn't look good because of my size, even though I liked it.

Yes, I let these things bother me once, and I even let them fuel my attempts at skipping meals. Now I don't let it bother me because my husband thinks I'm sexy and my baby girl smiles at me no matter what! You shouldn't let the haters get you down either!
  • FitGal4ever42
    FitGal4ever42 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    This is def. frustrating.. some people are clueless... I gave up a while back trying to defend being healthy. I just laugh it off and say whatever. But never once when I was overweight people commented about my eating habits. Def a big double standard. But the people saying stuff I found to be just jealous and not worth my time or energy getting upset about. I now take it as a compliment. The more I get talked about.. the better I must look :drinker:
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who is always like "Becca have you eaten!?" "Becca, it's so good to see you eating!!"
    I straight up asked her a few weeks ago if she thought I had an eating disorder. She said yes, I'm so skinny and I need to eat.

It aggravates me because I have never had an ED. I've been the same weight now for 3 years, and I haven't changed much in the past year (which is when I've been working with her). IF anything I've gained a bit because I'm slacking.

The comments stop at some point... it's those people who knew you when you were fat and got skinny that love to comment.

(But seriously... go try the food trucks. I have so many in my city and I love them all :love: )
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I still get them, but I get the "Oh so you kept it off for a while now" Which is funny because I was in shape for the majority of my life and Fat for only about 5 years. We had a going away lunch at a chinese buffett today and some lady I work with said "HOW do you keep it off when you eat a a buffett!?" Well, first I DON'T eat at Buffett's everyday for every meal and I had a KICK *kitten*! workout this morning and I will have another tomorrow morning, plus if she had actually looked at my plate she would have seen the veggies and baked (terriyaki) chicken, OK so I had banana pudding too but hey I earned it :wink: