Marine boyfriend's birthday coming up...

Options
Boobietrap1337
Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
And I don't know what to do. We've been together for four years, but this is the first time that he's been a marine. He visited about three weeks ago, and I already gave him his birthday present. (the original Atari game Space Invaders with a matching throw blanket!) But I still want to do something special for his birthday. I was hoping to get some of his friends together and Skype with him to have a little "party". Or calling the local Domino's to deliver a pizza to him with a happy birthday note from me (we always eat Dominos together, so it's not as lame as it sounds).

Any other creative ideas? I know he's kinda bummed about spending his birthday at Camp Lejeune this year.

Replies

• teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    The Domino's/Skype sounds awesome. Maybe you have some and send him one and have dinner together? A care package goes a long way, too.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Do you like to cook or bake? You could send him a basket full of baked goodies with a note or something. And maybe throw in a few other little things he could use?
  • jonmscharff
    jonmscharff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    As a veteran and the father of an active servicemen I understand first hand about love ones being far away. I think both of your ideas are fine. The more personal the better. Even in this day and age of high tech nothing beats a home made food care package and a hand written letter.

Please tell your boyfriend we thank him for his service.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    When my husband was deployed, I sent him a birthday care package. It included pre-decorated balloons to blow up, silly hats for him and his buddies, cupcakes, candles, his actual gift, some snacks to share, card game, etc. It was mostly goofy/silly stuff to cheer him up and let him know we were celebrating with him. He really enjoyed it.

If I could've skyped him too, that would've been even better! I think your pizza date sounds really cute :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    My SO was in the military and we spent lots of birthdays/holidays apart. I love the idea of the pizza and skype. Whenever he was gone we would talk to each other at dinner or lunch time and it felt like we were spending meal times together. I don't think I'd plan to have anyone else on this end for the skype but you.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    subtract the friends from your little "party" and make it clothing optional he'll be happy
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    subtract the friends from your little "party" and make it clothing optional he'll be happy

haha good idea!