Just feeling so discouraged...

Options
I feel like my life is all over the place right now. Relationship issues, depression, stress, being overworked, no time to do what I need to do and especially not enough time to take care of my own needs. I feel sabotaged in my efforts to lose weight, and with so much on my plate right now (pun intended) I don't have time to exercise. I tried to squeeze in a short nighttime walk with my husband last night, but even that didn't go well as it appears my hip pain is back.
I am tired of the nitpicky time-consuming effort of logging food for myself, and sick of my husband's logging hypocrisy because he always guesses, he never measures. And he eats out several times a week, and wonders why he's hit a plateau for 3 months.
But this isn't about him, it's about me. I guess I am just really depressed and don't know how I'm going to get through life let alone continue to lose weight. I have had limited success but it't taken a LONG time, and when I logged it was always a struggle and I obsessed over food. I can't lose weight without logging, but I don't want to log because it makes me an obsessive food fiend and I hate myself for it.
How oh how can I get back into logging? Or lose weight without logging?

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I feel like my life is all over the place right now. Relationship issues, depression, stress, being overworked, no time to do what I need to do and especially not enough time to take care of my own needs. I feel sabotaged in my efforts to lose weight, and with so much on my plate right now (pun intended) I don't have time to exercise. I tried to squeeze in a short nighttime walk with my husband last night, but even that didn't go well as it appears my hip pain is back.
    I am tired of the nitpicky time-consuming effort of logging food for myself, and sick of my husband's logging hypocrisy because he always guesses, he never measures. And he eats out several times a week, and wonders why he's hit a plateau for 3 months.
    But this isn't about him, it's about me. I guess I am just really depressed and don't know how I'm going to get through life let alone continue to lose weight. I have had limited success but it't taken a LONG time, and when I logged it was always a struggle and I obsessed over food. I can't lose weight without logging, but I don't want to log because it makes me an obsessive food fiend and I hate myself for it.
    How oh how can I get back into logging? Or lose weight without logging?

I lost the majority of my weight without counting calories. I just worked out intensely and remained conscious of what I put into my body at all times.

You are young. Let go of this idea that counting calories is the be all and end all losing weight and it will impact your ability to get through life. My suggestion is to take a week to yourself and forget about logging food. All you need to do is be completely aware of everything you are putting in your mouth, but don't worry about the calories. Just relax, you'll be OK. Then when you get back into counting don't obsess over it as if it were a math exam. Just insert what you eat and close out of the page. You shouldn't invest your emotions into silly numbers.