Ideas for healthy "MEALS" Tired of the same old things!!!

Options
Hello, can someone please give me some suggestions for some more healthy meals. I eat the same thing over and over again. Please help. I eat chicken, fish and some vegeterian foods. Beans,all types of veggies. I see others foods on here and it looks so good. And I can cook. Just need some ideas. Thank you so much.

Replies

• jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Check out SkinnyTaste.com. She cooks relatively clean, healthy foods without using a lot of non-fat, sugar-free substitutes. I've used quite a few of her recipes and have loved them!
  • MamaModem
    Options
    Hi... I know how you feel; it's very easy to get stuck in a rut when trying to eat healthy. I recently found a great blog that rounds up a bunch of healthy recipes from the internet (typically low-carb/low GI meals). http://www.kalynskitchen.com/

Hope this is as helpful to you as it has been to me!
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    hope it's okay if i include some pictures! here are some of my favorite healthy meals i've made, maybe hopefully one or two could give you an idea!

seared tilapia tacos - easy and so fresh tasting!:
    tumblr_n4reltjEzD1rhnb7zo1_500.jpg

asian lettuce wraps (just dice chicken, sear it in a pan, throw in some veggies like water chestnuts or mushrooms, and some soy sauce/teriyaki/whatever you like in the pan at the end to glaze!)
    tumblr_n4t931Cwnm1rhnb7zo1_500.jpg

stir fries!! one of my favorite stir fry flavor-combos is using sweet chili sauce in place of normal stir fry sauce, and topping it with cilantro and lime/lemon juice.. yum!
    tumblr_n6d7pbCQQH1rhnb7zo1_500.jpg

roasted veggie pasta... just roast a bunch of random vegetables in a pan, and toss them with pasta! so comforting and filling and wonderful.
    tumblr_n7e8kg72I11rhnb7zo2_400.jpg

also, one of my favorite healthy-meal websites is www.skinnytaste.com. i think it's worth looking through all of her recipes for some inspiration! good luck to you!
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The pics of those tacos gave me a chubby.
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The pics of those tacos gave me a chubby.

i literally could not be more honored :')
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I make up a batch of (dry) black beans in the crockpot with water, spices (garlic, cumin, chili, dried onion) and a bit of pork like ham or bacon and cook down for around 8 hours.Eat them as is or use in random meal plans.I use these in a ton of different things throughout the week and freeze some for later.

I often mix them with corn, brown rice and seasoned chicken breast, top with a little plain greek yogurt and you've got a protein packed tasty meal.

Add ground meat, tomatoes, jalapenos, peppers and onions and more chili powder for a batch of chili - I often add corn to this as well.

One of my new favorites is to use them to make nachos, nice and filling with lots of flavor.

This time of year squash is plentiful, I bake up an entire spaghetti squash then shred and season, cover with feta cheese, spinach and diced tomatoes. Also good for shrimp scampi or mix up a stir fry and toss it right over the top.

Grilled zucchini pizza, slice the zucchini lengthwise grill one side, flip then top with diced tomatoes, mozzarella and if you'd like pepperoni or bacon both work well as a topping.
  • LynndaMaree
    LynndaMaree Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the responses. and the pics of that food looks so yummy. I will try all that I see here. Again, thank you so much to you all.:smile::smile: :smile: