Any "muscle heads" or bodybuilders watching the Olympia?

Options
2»

Replies

• trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    IMO, the 212 competitors look better than the "big" boys in the Open Olympia. Their waistlines are much more streamlined vs the "gut" bulge from the Open competitors.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yup. Weight classes really keep things in check. Too bad most of them are 5'3", it really kills the overall physique, taper, and illusion of an X frame.

Dennis Wolf should have taken the O imo. The other 3 contenders were poorly conditioned. Come on guys, this is the Olympia...show up dry and lean the first night. Wolf had the size, condition, and his taper and tiny waist looks great.
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I wanted Kai to take it this year. Laughed my *kitten* off when he whipped Phil in the face with his braids though :laugh:

I also wanted DLB for physique and Amanda Latona for bikini, so it was a very disappointing night for me, personally.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,592 Member
    Options
    IMO, the 212 competitors look better than the "big" boys in the Open Olympia. Their waistlines are much more streamlined vs the "gut" bulge from the Open competitors.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member

Yup. Weight classes really keep things in check. Too bad most of them are 5'3", it really kills the overall physique, taper, and illusion of an X frame.

Dennis Wolf should have taken the O imo. The other 3 contenders were poorly conditioned. Come on guys, this is the Olympia...show up dry and lean the first night. Wolf had the size, condition, and his taper and tiny waist looks great.
    Politics. I personally like Shawn Rhoden's physique better than Heath's or Greene's. The days of the "streamlined" bodybuilder (Zane, Paris, DeMey) are gone. Only in amateur or natty contests will you see them win anymore.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member