Pizza Hut SKINNY PIZZA??

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Dominos Australia offer a good choice range which are around 800-950 cals for the whole pizza. I've been eating these for years.

I prefer them for taste anyway. They basically just use a lower fat cheese and less of it and a thinner base. When you finish one there isn't a pile of oil left on the box. I much prefer these than super greasy ones.

Yeah that sounds much better than the average Pizza Hut pizza.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Quit messing with my food!
  • Kahiapo
    Kahiapo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We have Papa Murphy's by us and their De-light pizza is great. It's super thin crust & I load it up with only veggies and ask for 1/2 the amount of cheese. It's 40% less calories and you can get their nutritional info online. Being an admitted pizzaholic I can satisfy my craving with 2 slices and a salad for dinner

Nutrition Facts
    Papa Murphy's - De-lite - 1/2 amount cheese, green peppers, onion

Servings: 1/8 pie
    Calories 113
    Sodium 206 mg
    Total Fat 4 g
    Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 0 g
    Total Carbs 15 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g
    Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g
    Protein 4 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 0%
    Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Iron 0%
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I do not see the need for this. Just eat pizza, one or two slices instead of four or five. It's not difficult.

Yes, it is.
  • smilzjoay
    Options
    Haha I :heart: this !!! #EPIC #WIN #RunForYourLives :wink:
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Lame.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea for marketing purposes and all that. They'll probably get a lot of people jumping on the skinny pizza bandwagon and spending more $$$ for less pizza. You go pizza hut!

With that being said I hate most pizza chains. I make a bangin' home made pizza with my grandma's dough recipe ;) Buffalo chicken pizza, spinach alfredo pizza, gyro pizza. You name it, I can make it. And since I'm making it myself I can control the calories, which I like too.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Meh. The last time I ordered Pizza Hut a year and a half ago I ended up with terrible service and it tasted like greasy cardboard. I'll pass.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Meh. The last time I ordered Pizza Hut a year and a half ago I ended up with terrible service and it tasted like greasy cardboard. I'll pass.

Correction - greasy extremely salty cardboard. Never again.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut makes pizza?
  • Anxieux
    Anxieux Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh snap! I can eat the whole pizza then!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    This damn "Skinny" trend is on my LAST nerve. Skinny Pizza, Skinny Lattes, Skinny Cocktails, ugh. :grumble:

Agreed. It's just mildly embarrassing to buy/order, too. At a size 22 or a size 10 I find it embarrassing tbh - and feel it brings negative attention to order something like "skinny margarita"...ugh...

i felt ridiculous ordering a skinny maragrita at chili's.... I can't imagine.

what's worse- is it was SO BAD I sent it back.
  • xael1234
    xael1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    so much sodium in pizza hut pizza I had to stop eating it way before I decided to start weight loss. We make our own at home and tweak it for low sodium low carb.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Marketing ploy to give you less product for the same money. Increased margins...bonus.
    Silly humans.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What do we think??

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/09/17/pizza-hut-skinny-slices-fast-food-restaurants/15785711/

from 290 cals/slice to 210...not that big of a difference I suppose, but hey 80 cals adds up when you eat an entire pizza..

I have 2 problems with this:

1. The cost is the same so the cost per calorie has gone way up!

2. I often DO eat the entire pizza by myself (and fit it into my calorie/macro targets) so this skinny slice pizza is likely to leave me hungry!

I can maintain a BMI near 20 (perfect for long distance running) while regularly consuming entire pizzas. Anyone can make a few slices (regular) pizza fit their calorie targets by practicing some sensible portion control. Or they could just exercise a lot more so that an entire pizza can fit into their daily targets.

Why pay extra for less of the same ingredients just because it is labelled as a "skinny food"?
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'll just stick with this brand....
    6ob9ahgxBhUDN-5ouXCI9yKLVwCIc1g68eUm-MGBQyYr7BCDOz9_wwrhj-Y6T_WgRA=w300

If I have to go with a national chain, yes. Papa John's all the way.

Rather go with Napoletana-style pizza and enjoy a much more delicious pizza that just happens to have fewer calories for the same size slice.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I haven't had pizza since I started this almost four months ago. I would have tried this before I started counting calories, but now that pizza is a rarity, I don't want to gamble (I am having four slices this weekend--here's to uneaten exercise calories!)
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Meh. I don't have a problem with it. It's just a slightly thinner crust and a little less cheese. I don't think most people would notice a difference if they weren't told it was a "skinny" pizza. I reduced the amount of cheese that I use on our homemade pizzas by 25% and no one noticed.

Think of it. If I normally eat 2 slices of pizza and eat 2 slices of this one instead, I would save 160 calories. Means I can eat an extra serving of ice cream in addition to my normal slices of pizza.

I don't think its a bad thing. Kind of not getting the outrage over this.