"The New Rules of Lifting for Women" - Lou Schuler

Leigh14
Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Just wondering if anyone has read this? Thoughts? Opinions? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    I really like the version he has written for men... gives you a great workout that does not take too long but kicks your butt
  • I love the program so far. I'm on my second week. I think the book is great and very informative. Have you visited the forum yet?
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    I haven't started the program yet, but my library was kind enough to buy it for me and I've read most of it. It's a good read, not dense or dry, and very interesting. I hope to begin the workouts next week.
  • Leigh14
    Thanks for the replies! :smile:

cleaneatingoperachic - I just visited it! Lots of info to digest. I got the book last night and am planning on reading it this weekend. How far are you into the program?

rmkorama - I would like to begin next week as well! What days are you working out?
  • I'm about halfway through the Stage 2 workouts. So far I've lost 5.5lbs and 3.4% body fat! I lift M-W-F and do HIIT Cardio on Tues and Thurs.
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    rmkorama - I would like to begin next week as well! What days are you working out?

Um, I have tentatively planned for a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule, but it may end up being Monday, Wednesday, Saturday. Or Saturday, Monday, Wednesday -- whichever way you want to look at it. :bigsmile:
  • Leigh14
    LOL, I was planning on doing MWF, too. :wink: I do a bootcamp class on Tuesdays, Thursdays and every other Saturday. Eek. Have you completed the book??
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Just got it for Christmas! Read a couple of pages, but got sidetracked. Need to pick it up again!
  • Leigh14
    I just finished it. Shew - not sure if I can do some of the exercises ... not sure if I have the confidence to do some of the exercises in front of people @ the gym without feelin' like a dork :laugh: ... but I'm darn sure gonna try!! :devil:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    I just finished it. Shew - not sure if I can do some of the exercises ... not sure if I have the confidence to do some of the exercises in front of people @ the gym without feelin' like a dork :laugh: ... but I'm darn sure gonna try!! :devil:

I have learned to swallow my pride and do the embarasing exercises like the suplime hip extensions Find a quiet corner of the gym and just get it done!
    As you continue to follow the routines you will need your rest days inbetween, when I try to do cardio on my "off days" my body gets exausted too quickly on workout days.
  • Leigh14

I have learned to swallow my pride and do the embarasing exercises like the suplime hip extensions Find a quiet corner of the gym and just get it done!
    As you continue to follow the routines you will need your rest days inbetween, when I try to do cardio on my "off days" my body gets exausted too quickly on workout days.

That's something I was wondering about. I'm pretty used to doing three strength days and two-three cardio days in between. But, I also haven't really been losing any weight for quite a while ... just fluctuating up and down a lot. We'll see how it goes. :smile: I've already been doing things like deadlifts and squats in the rack ... but, I tried doing a prone jackknife last night just to see if I could and - after multiple tries - busted my knee pretty good.

This is going to be an experience, for sure. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.