Attempted weightlifting, now severe DOMS :o

Options
So, my friend is into weight lifting and naturally I thought it would be a great way to mix up my workouts. Now I have a severe case of Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness along with pains in my joints. I'm looking for literally ANYTHING that can give me some relief from this pain. I have tried BioFreeze, advil, and even stretching but nothing is relieving it. Any weightlifters out there that can give me some advice?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    This happens sometimes, I find that a bath just makes it better.

You probably wont get DOMS the next time you lift, at least, I don't find it that common.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Hot bath, relax, yoga. Lift again. (Especially that last one). It gets better every time.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    DOMS is normal, but you shouldn't have pain in your joints. That leads me to think that something was wrong with your form, or the amount of weight you were attempting to lift (or both). What kind of routine were you doing?
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I agree on the joint pain, that doesn't sound normal. :ohwell: but to help with the DOMS, I find that lifting again, usually the next day does help, not as heavy a little more moderate, but it does help subside the pain.