Besides for health reasons, why do you want the weight off?

Options

Replies

• ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    So I can throw away my Spanx.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    To have a cute figure with a flat stomach and smaller boobs

To fit in my skinny clothes

To get "you look good!" Comments.
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    To feel better about myself, to look good, better in clothes. etc.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Not weight, but I want to get fit to survive the zombie apocalypse...

Or any scenario in which the leading lady hangs from a building or has to run for miles in heels.

You know, practical reasons.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    To look good riding on the surfboard ;)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    1 - primarily for my health
    2 - to feel good
    3 - to be happy with how I look
    4 - to be able to buy clothes I like, anywhere, not a specialty shop
    5 - to be able to do things more easily
    6 - maybe other people will be happy with how I look & I'll have a relationship

being able to buy clothes in more than 1 store and not have to pay out the wazoo for them. $50 for a bra?
    I bought new bras 15 lb ago & they were $60 each, but I'm a large size (38G) and had to go to a lingere store to find some that fit. The one I was wearing today is THE MOST comfortable bra I have ever worn in my entire life. It's the only one I sometimes don't want to take off. It supports completely and looks good. I look good.
    And O.M.G.: it's a 2-hook bra!! It's been YEARS since I wore a 2-hook bra!!!! Between that & wearing a 38, it was totally worth the price, even before knowing that it feels good to wear.
    To save money on clothing cuz holy **** does plus size clothing add up, and I don't have any local to me so I have to pay a crapton in shipping back and forth. Also actually cute clothing. I'm sick of settling for some of the ugly **** I have to because they don't make cute in my size.
    Yeah, I hate how the larger sizes cost more, and how the nice/cute clothes don't come in fat sizes.
  • GreatGuy07
    GreatGuy07 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    As cheesy as it sounds..to have 6 pack abs next summer
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Mostly for the sense of accomplishment. The more in control I am of my eating habits and fitness, the happier and more productive I am. It's like having a clean house: for some reason, it helps you get ish done! Looking good naked and having a better shot at survival during the zombie apocalypse are just awesome additional incentives.
  • slynn1023
    Options
    One of my top goals when I started was to fit in my seat belt properly. I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THAT GOAL... I can get in my car and simply click it on! It felt so good to cross that off my list, my new goal, is to cross off the rest! lol.

-Get on a roller coaster (my mom keeps reminding me of this one when I think about cheating. lol)
    -Put on socks without the aid of the couch
    -I want to run! I see people running for the joy of it and I'm so envious that I can't do it.

69589407.png
  • slynn1023
    Options
    I'm an adrenaline junkie but there's things I just can't do at my weight, or can't do safely anyway..

When I hit 200 lbs im definitely going skydiving :)

I think skydiving is a great goal!!! I'd love to get there one day. :)
  • slynn1023
    Options
    Not weight, but I want to get fit to survive the zombie apocalypse...

Or any scenario in which the leading lady hangs from a building or has to run for miles in heels.

You know, practical reasons.

OMG. Love this! I've said that if it's like World War Z zombies, I'm just offing myself, bc i know I wont survive! lol
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I like feeling light, fast, lean, and nimble much more than I like being heavy.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    May be a silly reason, but the number one motivator for me after health is being able to walk into any store and find my size in clothes. It's not even the way I look or how people see me, I rarely cared about that.. but being able to wear things I like is important to me.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Curious to know the personal reasons why people want the weight off.

Going back to 24 Hr. Fitness when I'm fit and tell that staff mbr who laughed me out the door--to eat his words.

Edited to delete "too personal" info. :embarassed:
    [/quote

That's terrible, they have issues.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Primary: To prove some dumb@$$es wrong!
    Secondary: I'd like to look better, be able to shop for clothes in normal stores. I'd like "the really fat girl" to NOT be the way I'm most often described. And I'd be lying if I pretended that I didn't also hope for more opportunities for sex.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Better sex.
  • IoZacharis
    IoZacharis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    professional and aesthetic
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    So i can love myself a little more