Feeling sluggish today

Options
I felt pretty sluggish during my gym workout today and feel I did not perform at a higher level like I usually do. I also just all around did not feel too confident with how I looked today. In the past few weeks I have felt slimmer in the gym but just didn't like how I looked in the mirror (felt like I looked wider and not as toned)

I did have a BBQ at work yesterday and didn't stay on course with my diet yesterday so I wonder if that carried over into today? I did eat well today so I hope I feel more normal and energetic tomorrow, need to shed this weight.

Anyone else ever have those sluggish days? How did you snap out of it?

Replies

• Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Stay focused. Eyes on your goal. Keep going the next day. That's what I do.
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Stay focused. Eyes on your goal. Keep going the next day. That's what I do.

Maybe my topic should have read "would you sleep, kiss, or hug, the person above you" then typed what I truly had to say then maybe I would have got more feed back. Nonetheless, thanks for your response. Tomorrow is a new day to get back at it. glad i worked out anyway though even if I did not feel at my best.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Yep,we all have days like that and it can be for any range of reasons.

For me it's usually when I am ready to take a deload or take a day off.

Keep focused on what you want and just keep going :drinker:
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sounds like more of a mental thing than that you've actually grown wider in a day.

It might be an overload of sodium...?

In any case, one day won't derail you. The only thing that could derail you is quitting, and I'm sure you won't do that! :-)

You've GOT this. Just keep it up!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Some days the body needs more rest than others. eg if you are fighting a cold. Some people find it hard to workout after eating a bunch of rubbish - maybe you are one of them (not that I'm sure your bbq counts as rubbish?)

If your work out today is not so great try an extra rest day and see if that fixes it?
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options

Maybe my topic should have read "would you sleep, kiss, or hug, the person above you" then typed what I truly had to say then maybe I would have got more feed back. Nonetheless, thanks for your response. Tomorrow is a new day to get back at it. glad i worked out anyway though even if I did not feel at my best.

Maybe... but I avoid those threads like the plague.
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Some days the body needs more rest than others. eg if you are fighting a cold. Some people find it hard to workout after eating a bunch of rubbish - maybe you are one of them (not that I'm sure your bbq counts as rubbish?)

If your work out today is not so great try an extra rest day and see if that fixes it?

Ya I think I may need a couple rest days. Will probably take Sat and Sun off from the gym, and need to decrease my sodium intake based on what im seeing on my macro numbers. Will drink lots of water too and I am sure I will bounce back.