The Hollows Series

Options
DenDweller
DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
Tink loves a duck! I hate it when a good series comes to an end.

(Even though Kim Harrison did manage a pretty good final novel.)

That is all.

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Tink loves a duck! I hate it when a good series comes to an end.

(Even though Kim Harrison did manage a pretty good final novel.)

That is all.

Wait what! Is this the latest book? DAMMIT! No spoilers!
  • DenDweller
    Options
    She's been pretty open for the past couple of books that this is the last one. Sorry if you didn't know and I let it slip. :embarassed:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through the last book. Shhhhh. I know I'm going to cry. I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry happy tears and sad tears. I'm expecting a death and I'm pretty sure I know who it will be.

But mostly I'll cry that it's over.

Also, I've been saying Crap On Toast a lot in real life now.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    She's been pretty open for the past couple of books that this is the last one. Sorry if you didn't know and I let it slip. :embarassed:

Bah, I never follow authors so I have no idea what's going on in any given series I'm reading.
  • DenDweller
    Options

Bah, I never follow authors so I have no idea what's going on in any given series I'm reading.

I'm not a fan that follows everything an author does, but I do like to know when the next book is expected in a series I like.

It's also good to know that the author has a plan to tell a comprehensive story. And, though I said I hate when a good series ends, the fact there is a last book may be lagging indicator of the artistic integrity that made the series great to begin with.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

I'm not a fan that follows everything an author does, but I do like to know when the next book is expected in a series I like.

It's also good to know that the author has a plan to tell a comprehensive story. And, though I said I hate when a good series ends, the fact there is a last book may be lagging indicator of the artistic integrity that made the series great to begin with.

I agree. The characters (each and every one of them) have grown over the course of the series. She brought them to the point where their growth was a far as she could take it without then turning it into a soap opera or just an ongoing string of adventures with stagnant characters. I'm sad to let them go, but I'm happy with who they are.