Does too much sodium intake put on excessive weight

Options
I am so pissed of I just do not know what to do!!! I know this is wrong to do, but I weigh myself 2 or 3 times through out the day just to see where I'm at. Well today I had too much sodium because I live a busy life during the weekday and processed "Healthy Foods" are my go to. Things such as Lean Cuisines and a Bistro salad is just a few.

My food menu today

Was a Ham and cheese croissant from Burger King - Breakfast

Bistro Salad w/ one pack of dressing and 8 croutons and a cup of pineapples - Lunch

Lean Cuisine spaghetti meat sauce and Greek yogurt- Dinner

and of course I drink plenty of water throughout the day.

I weighed myself 4 hours after lunch and I was 278. My weight this morning was 277.8 and after I ate my dinner I am 281!!!!!!! Like wth!! Everyday this week I maintained a weight higher than my morning weight and now I am 4 pounds over and I know I will not lose 5 pounds when I wake up because I usually lose a pound or two.

I am now believing it is the sodium intake because I did go over my normal intake. Losing weight is honestly frustrating and hard.

Now that I am back in school and working, it hard for me to cook foods so I result to eating already made foods

Replies

• DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Also I be on my feet all day!!! I even walked to curves and once I got there burned 345 calories. I then worked out just a few hours ago and still the weight is not moving! I am not even feeling full
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself more than once a day is a waste of time and is only going to add stress and confusion. Weight can swing by multiple pounds in a day. You not only have sodium intake to consider, but circadian cycles controlling your kidneys and urine output, stool buildup, sweat, etc. Best practice is to weigh yourself once a day at the same time - best time for most consistent weights would be right after you get up and use the bathroom in the morning. You'll just drive yourself crazy trying to track your weight over the course of the day.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Sodium will cause your body to retain water and that's probably what you're seeing at the scale. It's normal for your weight to fluxuate on a daily basis and that's why it's recommended to weigh yourself weekly rather than daily. Drink lots of water to flush out the sodium and eat potassium rich foods as that helps rid your body of sodium as well.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this How long will it take to flush the sodium away