Homemade LoCal Salad Dressing

Options
ATT949
ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
I'm new to this site (started 12/9/2010) and one of the many eye openers for me was how many calories there are in salad dressing. Yes, I'd always known that there were about 120 calories in a serving but that never bothered me…until 12/9/2010!

I switched to a low fat dressing and that was OK for calories (50 cals in 2 TBSP) but the carbs got me (12).

So, what's a guy to do, eh?

Well, I just made my own "salad dressing" and it could well be a "miracle food"*

There are only three ingredients: basalmic vinegar, Splenda, yellow mustard.

The only ingredient that has "anything" in it is the vinegar where 1 TBSP = 10 calories and 2 carbs. The Splenda and mustard are zero across the board.

I poured a few TBSP of vinegar in a small bowl, added a little bit of Splenda (I tapped the little packet a couple of times), squireted in about one TSP of mustard, and then whisked it up. It's a nice combination of flavors and it's a tasty, very low calorie, low carb addition to a salad.

YYMV

*It takes more calories to make it and digest it than are in it!

Replies

• carlajp18
    carlajp18 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new salad dressings so thank you for posting! :wink:
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    I totally feel the same way and am always looking to save additional cals....thanks for the tip!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Thank you, i love salad dressing so i need to cut back somewhere so this is it.
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post - I saw this post and read it and tried it that night - it was great and I have used it on my salads since. Thanks!!!