Inexpensive, healthy appetizer

Options
Does anyone have any ideas for an inexpensive, healthy appetizer that is easy to make that I could bring to a party tomorrow? Thanks!

Replies

• trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Here's one I've been using, and everyone seems to love them! AND...they're only 30 calories each!

Ingredients:

1 package of mozzarella cheese

1 Tbsp flavored vinaigrette (or mix together 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp white or red wine vinegar) I used Roasted Red Pepper Viniagrette

1 small bunch of fresh basil

1 pkg sliced pepperoni

25 toothpicks

25 pieces sundried tomatoes

The night before, cut up cheese into about 1/4" thick cubes. Put the cheese in a bowl and stir in the vinaigrette. Cover and chill overnight (or at least several hours). Up to 2 hours ahead, pull the leaves from the basil. Fold a slice of pepperoni in half, and push onto a toothpick. Push on a piece of tomato, then a basil leaf and finish with the mozzarella. Cover with saran wrap and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    grab a big bag of tostitos and then make Mexican Salsa

1 can of corn (rinsed)
    1 can of black beans (rinsed)
    1 red pepper (or what ever bell pepper you prefer)
    italian dressing for taste (don't over do it)

mix it all together and use the scoops to dip...very low in EVERYTHING! and tastes amazing
  • Lindyteach
    Lindyteach Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The pepperoni, cheese and tomato bites sounds lovely! I will try it very soon!
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend made these for family get-togethers at Christmas:
    http://whatscookingamerica.net/Appetizers/ArtichokeTarts.htm

Absolutely delicious if you can get your hands on the little glass jars of Artichoke Hearts!
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Low fat cream cheese
    chilli sauce
    baby shrimp

Spread cream cheese on a plate, spread on chilli sauce and top with baby shrimp. Serve with crackers. So simple, inexpensive and pretty healthy as far as appetizers go. Every time I take it anywhere it's gone in a flash! Have fun at your party!