Logging P90X

Options
Hey guys~ So I cannot figure out how to log in the calories I burn doing my P90X workouts. I cannot find anything in the workout bank that fits P90X, But I swear I have seen people say that they burned calories from P90X I just don't know where to find it! Please help!

Replies

• blakgarnet
    Options
    I wear a HRM when doing P90X, I've found that I burn substantially different amounts than what any electronic estimate might come up with for cardio
  • bkegurl36
    bkegurl36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM so I know what I am burning but I dont know how to log it in the site??
  • AlyssaC2010
    Options
    I use an HRM also...it's the best way to find out. You should invest in a good HRM w/ a chest strap.
  • jswoods
    Options
    I wear a HRM when doing P90X, I've found that I burn substantially different amounts than what any electronic estimate might come up with for cardio

I agree completely. I have done 5 rounds of P90X and my caloric burn varies dramatically from workout to workout and round to round. If you can use a heart rate monitor you will be much better off. If not, the workout guide suggests 600 calories per workout (thats a huge stretch for yoga). You can manually enter those calories under "calisthenics"
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    What you do is create your own exercise. I log all of the P90X workouts as cardio and I use an HRM to get the calories burned.
  • AlyssaC2010
    Options
    I have a HRM so I know what I am burning but I dont know how to log it in the site??

Push “add exercise” and type in P90X or something random. It doesn’t matter but it won’t bring anything up & it’ll say “Can’t find what you’re looking for? Add an exercise to the database”…that’ll get you to add your own calories.
  • wocm15
    wocm15 Posts: 81
    Options
    Hmmm... yeah, I tried to enter Core Synergistic, and it didn't find anything! :ohwell:

So instead I just enter "Circuit Training" since that's basically what it is.(Except for yoga, etc.) I wish I could afford a HRM that told me calories, but my college student budget just doesn't allow that... So then I just don't eat quite all of my exercise calories, just in case it overestimated a little...
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've been adding my own exercises - one for each DVD. That way, I can also get an idea of the variations in workout burns.
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i do the same.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    There is an option at the bottom of your exercise tab to enter the name of your exercises.
  • deborahkidd
    deborahkidd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Go to my exercises and create an exercise then put in the amount of calories you burned on your HRM. YOu can change the calories everytime you do PX90.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    What you do is create your own exercise. I log all of the P90X workouts as cardio and I use an HRM to get the calories burned.

This is what I do as well except I wear a Bodybugg...I also subtract the 70ish calories per hour that I would burn just being alive from the amount my bugg says I burned during that time.
  • bkegurl36
    bkegurl36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! That helped a ton!